This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Neale Sheila Godfrey (born March 4, 1951) is an American author, acknowledged expert on family and children’s finances, and creator of the topic of kids and money in the United States, with over 26 books on financial literacy, intended for both children and adults
Her most noted works are "Money Doesn't Grow on Trees: A Parent's Guide to Raising Financially Responsible Children", a New York Times #1 Best Seller, and "Neale S. Godfrey's Ultimate Kids' Money Book", Godfrey, Neale S., and Carolina Edwards. Each held in over 1000 WorldCat libraries. The later has been translated also into Chinese as , 不長在樹上 : 如何使你的孩子學會理財 (Qian, bu zhang zai shu shang : ru he shi ni de hai zi xue hui li cai); this title has also been translated into Japanese, and Korean. Four of her other books have been translated into Chinese as well, and two into German.
Early in her career, Neale became one of the first female executives at The Chase Manhattan Bank. Later, she became the president of The First Women’s Bank and founder of The First Children’s Bank.
In 1989, Neale formed her own company, Children’s Financial Network, Inc., whose mission is to educate children and their parents about money. Neale is the author of 27 books that deal with money, life skills, and value issues, and has been honored with a #1 New York Times Best Seller, Money Doesn’t Grow on Trees: A Parent’s Guide to Raising Financially Responsible Children. Children's Financial Network also produced a national program entitled LIFE, INC: The Ultimate Career Guide for Young People, which includes a Teacher’s Guide, Student Journal, and a web site, all sponsored by the Deloitte Foundation. This program serves over one million middle and high school students. The LIFE, Inc. video and program recently received the Mercury© Communications Award. Her most recent title, ECO-Effect®: The Greening of Money, combines ECOnomics and ECOlogy to show adults and children how they can save money while also saving the environment. The program consists of a book, web site, blog, lessons for school, lessons for home, games and activities.
Neale was the first to develop money curricula for children and young adults Pre-K through High School, entitled The One and Only Common Sense/Cents Series, as well as a CD-ROM called Money Town. Neale Godfrey has also developed three iOS video gaming apps under the brand GreenStreet Commons; GreenStreets: Unleash The Loot! and GreenStreets: Shmootz Happens! both hit #1 in the Educational Gaming Category.
Neale has served as a National Spokesperson for such companies as: Aetna, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, and Fidelity, while appearing as a financial expert on programs, such as; The Oprah Winfrey Show, Good Morning America, and The Today Show as well as in the PBS special Your Money, Your Children, Your Life.
Neale was also a former Nationally Syndicated Columnist for the Associated Press. Neale has served on White House and Governor’s Task Forces, as well as on the Board of Directors of The New York Board of Trade, UNICEF, University of Charleston, Morris County Chamber of Commerce, UN Women, and YPO. She also serves on NJ’s State Employment and Training Commission Council on Gender Parity in Labor and Education as well as NJ’s Science and Technology Workforce Subcommittee.
She is a faculty member of the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV), and VWise (Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship), operated by the Institute For Veterans and Military Families, the Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University, which offers training to post-9/11 disabled veterans.
- "Godfrey, Neale S. [WorldCat.org]". www.worldcat.org.
- New York: Simon & Schuster, 1994. ISBN 978-0-671-79805-5 WorldCat
- Godfrey, Neale S. Neale S. Godfrey's Ultimate Kids' Money Book. New York: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 1998. ISBN 978-0-689-81717-5 WorldCat
- Godfrey, Neale S; Edwards, Carolina; 馬勤 (23 June 1995). "錢, 不長在樹上: 如何使你的孩子學會理財 = Money doesn't grow on trees". 新新聞文化事業股份有限公司 : 總經銷黎銘圖書公司 – via Open WorldCat.
- "Results for 'au:Godfrey, Neale S.' > 'Chinese' [WorldCat.org]". www.worldcat.org.
- "Results for 'au:Godfrey, Neale S.' > 'German' [WorldCat.org]". www.worldcat.org.
- Arias, Ron. "Amassing a Small Fortune, Neale Godfrey Teaches Thrift at the First Children's Bank". People. Retrieved 18 September 1989. Check date values in:
- "Pearson Learning" (PDF).
- "GreenStreet Commons". GreenStreet Commons. GreenStreet Commons, Inc. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Apple iTunes". Apple iTunes. Apple. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "w2wlink Announces Ascendancy Award Winners for Business Women". PR Newswire.