Nearly a Nasty Accident
|Nearly a Nasty Accident|
UK theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Don Chaffey|
|Produced by||Bertram Ostrer|
|Written by||Jack Davies
play "Touch Wood" by
|Music by||Ken Jones|
|Edited by||Bill Lenny|
British Lion Films
Bertram Ostrer Productions
Marlow Films Ltd.
|Distributed by||Britannia Films (UK)|
A mechanically minded but accident-prone aircraftman (Kenneth Connor) creates chaos and arouses the anger of a promotion-seeking Group Captain (Jimmy Edwards).
The New York Times called the film "essentially a one-joke comedy hanging on the thinnest of plots." TV Guide said "Connor is a soldier who is obsessed with repairing things and is fascinated with anything mechanical, in this cute British comedy".
- Jimmy Edwards as Group Captain Kingsley
- Kenneth Connor as AC 2 Alexander Wood
- Shirley Eaton as Corporal Jean Briggs
- Eric Barker as Air Minister
- Jon Pertwee as General Birkinshaw
- Ronnie Stevens as Flight Lieutenant Pocock
- Richard Wattis as Wagstaffe
- Joyce Carey as Lady Trowborough
- Peter Jones as Flight Lieutenant Winters
- Terry Scott as Sam Stokes
- Charlotte Mitchell as Miss Chamberlain
- Jack Watling as Flight Lieutenant Grogan
- Joe Baker as Watkins
- Jack Douglas as Balmer
- Cyril Chamberlain as Warrant Officer Breech
- John Forrest as Flight Lieutenant Bunthorpe
- Vincent Ball as Sergeant at Crybwyth
- Harold Goodwin as Aircraft Mechanic
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | NEARLY A NASTY ACCIDENT (1960)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- "Nearly a Nasty Accident | BFI | BFI". Explore.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- "Nearly-a-Nasty-Accident - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- "Nearly A Nasty Accident Review". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
|This article related to a British comedy film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|