Neave Township, Darke County, Ohio
|Neave Township, Darke County, Ohio|
The site of Fort Jefferson, a historic site in the township
Location in Darke County and the state of Ohio.
|• Total||23.1 sq mi (59.7 km2)|
|• Land||22.9 sq mi (59.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||1,083 ft (330 m)|
|• Density||102/sq mi (39.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086020|
Neave Township is one of the twenty townships of Darke County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 2,330 people in the township, 1,612 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Greenville Township - north
- Van Buren Township - east
- Twin Township - southeast corner
- Butler Township - south
- Harrison Township - southwest corner
- Liberty Township - west
The village of Wayne Lakes is located in southern Neave Township.
Name and history
It is the only Neave Township statewide.
Neave Township was established in 1821.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current trustees are Bryan Clymer, Diane Linder, and Lowell House, and the clerk is Diane Delaplane.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Neave township, Darke County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Neave township, Neave township, Darke County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- The History of Darke County, Ohio. W. H. Beers & Company. 1880. p. 449.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Township Trustees. Darke County. Accessed 2007-06-01.