Play in Eihusen Arena
in Grand Island, Nebraska
|Team colors||Navy, Lime Green, White
|Head coach||Hurtis Chinn|
|League championships (0)
|Conference championships (3)
2013, 2014, 2015
|Division championships (0)
The Nebraska Danger is a professional indoor football team based in Nebraska. They are a member of the Intense Conference of the Indoor Football League (IFL). The team was founded in 2011 by Charlie Bosselman as an expansion member of the IFL. The Danger play their home games at Eihusen Arena.
The Nebraska Danger has been the most successful of all of Nebraska's indoor football teams with it's multiple conference championships.
The Nebraska Danger play home games at Eihusen Arena in Grand Island, Nebraska
In 2011 and 2012, the Nebraska Danger was selected as having the IFL's Best Fans. In 2013 The Danger were named IFL Franchise of the Year. Former General Manager Mike McCoy was named 2013 IFL Executive of the Year and quarterback Jameel Sewell was named the 2013 IFL Most Valuable Player and Offensive Player of the Year.
In October 4, 2010, Bosselman Entertainment LLC announced the formation of Nebraska Danger as an expansion member of the Indoor Football League (IFL) for the 2011 season. At the press conference, team owner Charlie Bosselman announced that Sean Ponder would be the team's inaugural head coach, however after just two months on the job, Ponder left the Danger for personal reasons, and Mike Davis was named the team's head coach. On March 7, 2011, the Danger defeated the Wichita Wild 70-59, in the team's first ever game.
Note: The Finish, Wins, Losses, and Ties columns list regular season results and exclude any postseason play.
|League Champions||Conference Champions||Division Champions||Wild Card Berth||League Leader|
|Season||Team||League||Conference||Division||Regular season||Postseason Results|
|2013||2013||IFL||Intense||1st||10||4||Won Intense Conference Championship (Ice) 55-50
Lost 2013 United Bowl (Storm) 40-43
|2014||2014||IFL||Intense||2nd||10||4||Won Intense Conference Championship (Ice) 45-15
Lost 2014 United Bowl (Storm) 46-63
|2015||2015||IFL||Intense||1st||10||4||Won Intense Conference Championship (Fever) 86-43
Lost 2015 United Bowl (Storm) 27-62
|2016||2016||IFL||Intense||3rd||6||10||Won Intense Conference Wild Card (Billings) 64-52
Lost Intense Conference Championship (Empire) 44-55
|Totals||47||44||All-time regular season record (2011–2017)|
|4||4||-||All-time postseason record (2011–2017)|
|51||48||All-time regular season and postseason record (2011–2017)|
* Season in progress
Nebraska Danger roster
Roster updated March 19, 2017
- QB Jameel Sewell (2)
- RB Waymon James (1)
- WR Kayne Farquharson (3), O. J. Simpson (1)
- OL Darius Savage (3), Trevis Turner (1)
- DL Claude Wroten (1), Justin Edison (1)
- LB Maurice Simpkins (1), Cornelius Brown (1)
- DB Jamar Love (1), Jabari Gorman (1)
- K Joe Houston (1)
Awards and honors
The following is a list of all Danger players who have won league Awards
|2012||Rocky Hinds||Quarterback||Most Improved Player|
|2013||Jameel Sewell||Quarterback||Most Valuable Player|
|2013||Jameel Sewell||Quarterback||Offensive Player of the Year|
|2015||Jameel Sewell||Quarterback||Most Valuable Player|
|2015||Waymon James||Running Back||Offensive Rookie of the Year|
|2016||Jabari Gorman||Defensive Back||Defensive Rookie of the Year|
Note: Statistics are correct through Week 6 of the 2017 Indoor Football League season.
|Nebraska Danger staff|
Special Teams Coaches
- Hamar, Bob (March 7, 2013). "IFL has seen dramatic change". Grand Island Independent. Grand Island, NE: Berkshire Hathaway. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- "New IFL Team Nebraska Danger Announced Today". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. October 4, 2010. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- "Grand Island get indoor football team". www.omaha.com. The Omaha World Herald. October 4, 2010. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- "Ponder steps down as Danger coach". www.theindependent.com. BH Media Group Holdings, Inc. December 17, 2010. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- Bob Hamar (March 8, 2011). "Danger win opener". www.theindependent.com. BH Media Group Holdings, Inc. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- Bob Hamar (June 29, 2014). "HAMAR: Danger will have different look in 2015". www.theindependent.com. The Grand Island Independent. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- Matt Zimmer (June 29, 2014). "Storm win eighth title, closing door on Arena chapter". www.argusleader.com. Argus Leader. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- "Chinn set for new challenge with Danger". www.1011now.com. Gray Digital Media. February 13, 2017. Retrieved March 13, 2017.