|Founded||September 30, 2016|
Eric HutchinsonRan Reske
|United States, United Kingdom|
|Products||Mattresses, adjustable bed frames, pillows, sheets|
Number of employees
Nectar Sleep is a US based mattress and bed frame manufacturer and direct-to-consumer retailer. It was launched by DreamCloud LLC on September 30, 2016 and is headquartered in San Mateo, California. Their products are sold in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Nectar Sleep was co-founded by Craig Schmeizer, Eric Hutchinson and Ran Reske in 2016 as a direct-to-consumer mattress and bed frame retailer. It does not operate any brick-and-mortar showrooms as of now and instead has remote operations in place with nearly 200 employees. The business was launched with no venture capital.
In 2018, the company collaborated with Mayim Bialik, who has a PhD in neuroscience and is one of the stars of the CBS sitcom "The Big Bang Theory", for a digital video campaign. They also launched a Spanish website, dedicated social media, and Spanish language servicing.
In January 2019, they partnered with Mattress Warehouse for expanding their physical presence and shall begin selling their products in over 250 stores of their network along the East Coast.
- "Nectar Sleep | Better Business Bureau® Profile". www.bbb.org. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Holdings, DreamCloud. "DreamCloud Holdings Adds Level Sleep To Its Fast-Growing Family Of Mattresses". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- Sleep, Nectar. "Nectar Sleep, America's Fastest Growing Mattress Company, Arrives in the UK". www.prnewswire.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Sleep, Nectar. "Nectar Sleep is First Direct-To-Consumer Mattress Brand to Tap Into $1.5 Trillion U.S. Hispanic Market with Custom Consumer Journey". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
- Peretz, Marissa. "How Do Leaders Succeed Despite Tricky Workplace Politics?". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- Auerbach, Brad. "How to Succeed in the Online Mattress Business - You Gotta Know the Territory". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- "This Mattress Startup Hit $55 Million in Just One Year--Here's How". Inc.com. 2018-04-18. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- "Mattress Brands Go Cross-Channel | PYMNTS.com". www.pymnts.com. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- CNBC.com, Danielle Garrand, special to (2017-11-06). "Nectar uses experience-seeking to boost mattress sales, making $35 million in the process". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- ""The Big Bang Theory" Star Mayim Bialik Partners with Nectar Sleep to Encourage America to Make Better Choices". www.morningstar.com. 2018-12-05. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- Desai, Tamanna (2018-05-12). "If sleep is valuable, mattress company Nectar is betting people will pay $1500 for the privilege". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- "Nectar Brand LLC Settles False Claims That Products Are Made in USA – USA Herald". USA Herald. 2018-03-15. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- "I sleep on an adjustable bed frame that has a massage function and a zero gravity setting — and yes, it's a game changer". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-08-16.
- "Nectar's adjustable bed frame comes with a NASA-inspired Zero Gravity setting". www.digitaltrends.com. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- "BrandBox". www.brandbox.com. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- Sleep, Nectar. "E-Commerce Juggernaut Nectar Sleep Makes Brick & Mortar Debut with New Retail Concept, BrandBox". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- "World's Fastest Growing Mattress Company, Nectar Sleep, Partners with One of the Largest Brick and Mortar Retailers in the Country". www.morningstar.com. 2019-01-23. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- "Nectar: A Partner in Climate Protection with Reduced Carbon Footprint". Nectar sleep. Retrieved 2019-02-22.