|Single by Korn|
|from the album Korn|
|Released||April 8, 1995|
|Recorded||1994 at Indigo Ranch Studios in Malibu, California|
|Writer(s)||Reginald Arvizu, Jonathan Davis, James Shaffer, David Silveria, Brian Welch|
|Korn singles chronology|
Music and structure
The song features elements of an older Korn song, "Alive", which was found on their demo tape, Neidermayer's Mind. "Alive" was eventually reworked and re-recorded for the band's sixth studio album, Take a Look in the Mirror.
"'Need To' is about being in a relationship with someone you love so much but you are too scared to get close to them because you're paranoid that they may stop loving you.
- You pull me closer, I push you away,
- You tell me it's okay, I can't help but feel the pain.
I was use to being used by people I loved and any future relationship was going to feel the same. Every time I thought I was getting too close, I would push her away." – Jonathan Davis
- Jonathan Davis - Vocals
- Munky - Electric guitar
- Head - Electric guitar
- Fieldy - Bass
- David Silveria - Drums
- Produced by Ross Robinson
- Eddy Schreyer – Mastering
- Stephen Stickler – Photography
- Jay Papke/Dante Ariola – Art direction and design
- Chuck Johnson – Engineering and mixing
US Radio Promo
- "Need To" – 4:02
- "Korn Need To (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.
- Small 1998, p. 16.
- Arvizu 2009, p. 69.
- "Indigo Ranch Studios - CDs and Vinyl at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- Thomas, Stephen (1994-10-11). "Korn - Korn : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Horror of the KoRn". Oocities. Retrieved Feb 17, 2013.
- on YouTube