Needmore, Brown County, Indiana
Brown County's location in Indiana
|Elevation||725 ft (221 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||439974|
Needmore is located at.
A post office was established at Needmore in 1872, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1919. Tradition has it when an early visitor to the settlement remarked that it "needed more", the name stuck.
In 1884, Needmore contained a blacksmith, several stores, and a population of approximately 100 inhabitants.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Needmore, Brown County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- "Brown County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 233. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...said that he had never seen a community that needed more, so the village was called Needmore.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 738.
|This Brown County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|