|Born||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|Occupation||Chairman / Managing Director Grant McCann Erickson|
Neela has served as Chairperson of various institutions in the business sector including the Committee on Communication and Social Mobilization of the National Advisory Council for Peace and Reconciliation in Sri Lanka.
She is the president of Sri Lanka First, an influential group of corporate leaders who promote a peaceful settlement by negotiation between the Government of Sri Lanka and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam.
Consultant to UNDP
Neela was a consultant to UNDP’s Invest-in-peace Program to help revive the country’s war affected economy. She led a group of Sri Lankan Business leaders to South Africa to study the role business played in their peace process and post conflict reconstruction.
Neela served in the Women Waging Peace Network and at their Colloquium, she was invited to be a speaker on the role of women in peace building at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.
- "Profile of Neela Marikkar". dropping knowledge. September 10, 2006. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- Benjamin, Medea; Evans, Jodie (2005). Stop the Next War Now Effective Responses to Violence and Terrorism. New World Library. ISBN 978-1-57731-740-1. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "Promoting Peace in Sri Lanka: The Role of the Private Sector". Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. January 31, 2006. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "Neela Marikkar:Expert Spotlight:Empowering the Silent Majority". Hunt Alternatives Fund. 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "REGINALD (REGGIE) SEBASTIAN RODRIGO CANDAPPA". RootsWeb. December 14, 2003. Retrieved 2008-03-20.