Gill during London Fashion Week in 2015
27 April 1995
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Agency||NEXT Model Management,|
Gill was born on 27 April 1995 and is from Coventry but currently resides in London. She is Sikh Indian. Her grandparents were born in India and are from Punjab. Gill has spoken about bullying, depression and body confidence issues via her YouTube channel and also said that she "feels sorry" for online trolls.
At the age of fourteen she signed with NEXT Model Management. She has appeared in Vogue India. In September 2013, Gill made her debut on the catwalk for Burberry’s fashion show during London Fashion Week. In 2014, Gill became the first Indian model featured in a Burberry campaign. In November 2015, she became the face of Abercrombie & Fitch. Gill has walked for Kanye West's Fashion Week Show and Dior. Gill along with Suki Waterhouse wore sarees in a video shoot at Heathrow Airport for an advert for British Airways.
- "Burberry enlists first Indian model Neelam Gill as its new beauty muse". The Independent. 22 August 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Instagram: Neelam Gill". Instagram. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
Before people start asking why I have changed my second name from Johal to Gill, I thought it was better for me to explain. My parents divorced when I was young, and I have no contact with my biological father. The man in the picture is my 'stepdad' but in my heart he is my real Dad because he has been the one who has raised me and loved me like no other. He is truly one in a million and I've been meaning to change my last name for a long time because I'm proud to be his daughter.
- "Model of the Week: Neelam Gill". Models.com. 27 September 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- Gill, Neelam (9 December 2014). "27th April and thank you my love! RT @Rosalzjm: @NeelamKG when is your birthday? xx p.s you're so beautiful 💖". Twitter. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- Gill, Neelam (19 April 2015). "8 days till my 20th birthday and I'm more excited about taking my family on holiday next month. 💜💜💜💜💜". Twitter. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Neelam Johal's crazy modelling story". Vogue India. 15 January 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Neelam Gill First Ever Sikh Model". FRUK. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Neelam Gill: Meet British-Indian Burberry model who got even with racist bullies on Twitter". IBNLive. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- Strang, Fay (5 October 2015). "Model Neelam Gill discusses bullying experience with bearded lady". mirror. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- Lidbury, Olivia (3 November 2015). "Meet Neelam Gill, Abercrombie & Fitch's outspoken new British model". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- Lynch, Alison (5 November 2015). "Meet the British-Indian model who's changing the face of Abercrombie & Fitch". Metro. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- Mailonline, Sarah Tetteh For (24 October 2015). "Neelam Gill and Suki Waterhouse film upcoming British Airways advert". Mail Online. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neelam Gill.|