Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||223 ft (68 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||601 & 769|
|GNIS feature ID||694151|
Originally known as Washington, the town was renamed for C.J. Neely, the first postmaster. Neely was a stop on the Gulf, Mobile & Northern Railroad, which later became the Illinois Central Railroad.
- "Neely, Mississippi". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Greene County History of Towns". Genealogy Trails. January 19, 2014.
- Howe, Tony. "Neely, Mississippi". Mississippi Rails. Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- "Ed W. Freeman". Idaho Statesman. August 22, 2008.
|This Mississippi location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|