|Born||16 July 1973|
|Occupation||Journalist and Writer|
|Subject||fashion, design and art|
Neena Haridas is an Indian journalist and writer. She specialises in writing on fashion, beauty, art, lifestyle design and is also known for her liberal and often unconventional political views. She was until recently Editorial Director of the Indian edition of the French haute couture magazine L'Officiel. She is an Indian journalist known for being the Editor of the Indian edition of the international beauty and fashion magazine Marie Claire from 2010 to 2013. Before joining TCG Media Limited in 2016 she worked as Editorial Director at Blouin Artinfo in New York. she was the Editorial Director of Marie Claire International as well. Before that, she worked at Business Standard, The Pioneer, The Telegraph and HT City, and she also worked as a features editor at News X Channel. Her views about fashion have been quoted in the media. For example, she believes that fashion should be ethical and sustainable and not just for elites but for the masses, that the general public should take fashion more seriously, and that the fashion industry should be more active towards influencing future styles rather than merely reporting what people have been wearing. In 2011, she criticized a decision by Vogue magazine to employ fashion models younger than eighteen years old. She interviewed Paris Hilton and described her as "down-to-earth" and noted that Hilton loves Indian fashion designers.
Haridas is married and lives in Gurgaon. In 2017 Neena Haridas has also been quoted in the bestseller book by Myra Macdonald Defeat is an Orphan: How Pakistan Lost the Great South Asian War published by Hurst Publishers for her reportage on the infamous hijack of IC 814 flight from Nepal to New Delhi.
- Shara Ashraf Shara Ashraf, Priyanka Monga (31 December 2011). "2012: New Year's cover queens". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
...says Neena Haridas, editor, Marie Claire....
- "WIFW: Colours of fall". Hindustan Times. 2012-02-18. Archived from the original on 2014-09-16. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
...Neena Haridas, Editor, Marie Claire India...
- "Up for brunch?". Hindustan Times. 18 February 2010. Archived from the original on 7 September 2014.
- "Neena Haridas appointed as Managing Editor of Marie Claire India". Exchange 4 Media. 29 January 2010. Archived from the original on 7 September 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
...Neena Haridas will take over as Managing Editor of Marie Claire India from February 1, 2010....
- "Interview with Neena Haridas". Prisma magazine. 2011. Archived from the original on 6 July 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
...16 years before 2011.... The Business Standard, the Telegraph, Hindustan Times before Marie Claire in 2010 ...
- FMN (23 December 2010). "Event Eco- fashion was the style statement at the Marie Claire Fashion Awards". The Hindu. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
...fashion needs to be ethical, sustainable and responsible, said Neena Haridas ... intended to embrace the masses.
- Aaron Rohan George (2011-03-24). "Why are we paid peanuts?". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 2014-09-16. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
..."If people here looked at fashion seriously enough, models, too would be worth a lot more," says Neena Haridas...
- Yashica Dutt (20 September 2011). "The Fashion Dictators". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
...Marie Claire India editor, Neena Haridas agrees though adding that Indian blogs need to move beyond the staple coverage of who wore what....
- Aaron George (7 January 2011). "Vogue mag in trouble over sexy pics". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 16 September 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
...editors and fashion critics ... refuse to cast models under 18... Neena Haridas, managing editor Marie Claire India. ...
- "Paris Hilton dons a swarovski sari". Hindustan Times. 22 September 2011. Archived from the original on 28 July 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
...Haridas says ... down-to-earth, and a determined businesswoman....
- "Paris Hilton drapes a Swarovski studded sari during her visit to India". Business Insider. 23 September 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
...Hilton was quoted by Neena Haridas, editor, Marie Claire India as, "I am obsessed with Indian designers. I love the whole Swarovski bling and all those crystals...
- "The not-so-good Gaon". Daily Gurgaon. 25 November 2011.