||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Use reliable secondary sources. I added a comment on Talk:Neer dosa about this, plus potential merge. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Dosa. (Discuss) Proposed since December 2016.|
|Place of origin||India|
|Region or state||Tulunadu|
|Cookbook: Media: Neer dosa|
Unlike other dosas neer dosa is known for its simple preparation method and lack of fermentation. Usually neer dosa is served with coconut chutney, sambar, saagu and non vegetarian curries like chicken, mutton, fish and egg curry.
Even though many variations exist for Neer Dosa batter, the two basic ingredients common to all of them are just soaked rice (or rice flour) and little salt. The most common optional ingredient is finely grated fresh coconut (roughly one sixth to one eighth the volume of the un-soaked rice) which is wet-ground together with the soaked rice into a very smooth batter.
There is no requirement for fermentation of the rice in order to prepare Neer dosa. The rice needs to be soaked for at least 2 hours. After a quick wash and a drain the rice needs to be ground by adding water in order to get very fine batter. Additional amount of water can be added based on the thickness of the batter and then salt is added for taste. Finally the batter is used to prepare the dosa.
- S, Latha Maheswari (2015-10-03). So Tasty Healthy Low Calorie Vegetarian Cooking Book-2: Take care calorie by calorie DOSAS AND SOUTH INDIAN MOUTH WATERING VARIETIES. AB Publishing House. ISBN 9781517632694.
- "Neer dose Recipe | How to make neer dosa | Bari akki dose recipe | Neer dosa recipe". Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- Dalal, Tarla. South Indian Cooking. Sanjay & Co. ISBN 9788189491796.
- Doshi, Archana. "Magalorean Neer Dosa Recipe (Savory Rice & Coconut Crepe)". Archana's Kitchen. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- "🍲Neer Dosa Recipe - How to make Neer Dosa with chicken curry". Indian food recipes - Food and cooking blog. 2014-07-15. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- Media related to Neer Dosa at Wikimedia Commons