Chandra at Dabboo Ratnani Calendar Launch in 2011
20 June 1984 |
Patna, Bihar, India
|Occupation||Actress, model, Film producer|
Neetu Chandra is an Indian actress, producer and theatre artist. She is also an established classical dancer and an active sportsperson, involved in the promotion of Basketball in the country through her close association with the NBA and Taekwondo, being a fourth Dan blackbelt. She has her own production house called Champaran Talkies, winning the National Award for the film Mithila Makhaan. The national award winning film was directed by her brother Nitin Chandra.Her younger Brother Abhishek Chandra is Fashion Designer In Hindi Films.
Early life and education
Neetu Chandra was born in Patna, Bihar, India. Her mother tongue is Bhojpuri. She was educated at the Notre Dame Academy, Patna and completed her undergraduate education at Delhi's Indraprastha College. She started modelling and Neetu gives credit of her success to her mother, a native of East Champaran in Bihar. She has appeared in several advertisements and videos for firms since her graduation. She holds two Dan black belts in Taekwondo and represented India in the 1997 World Taekwondo Championships in Hong Kong.
Neetu Chandra's brother is Nitin Chandra who also directed the movie Deswa.
She entered Hindi film industry in 2005 with Garam Masala in which she portrayed Sweety, an airhostess. She also acted in Godavari, a Telugu film, in 2006. In 2007 she appeared in Madhur Bhandarkar's film, Traffic Signal.
In 2008, she had four releases, being directed by Dibakar Banerjee, Rahul Dholakia, Ashwini Dheer and Vikram. Her Tamil film, Yavarum Nalam with Madhavan, released in 2009, was declared a major hit. In 2010 she was seen in four Hindi films, Rann, Apartment, No Problem, in which she made a special appearance, and Sadiyaan, and one Tamil film, Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai.
In 2013, she acted in the Tamil gangster film Ameerin Aadhi Baghavan with Jayam Ravi. She has completed filming for a Greek film Home Sweet Home, in which she plays an Indian girl. She had to learn Greek for the film and also dubbed herself. She has two Hindi films, Kusar Prasad Ka Bhoot and Shooter, coming up.
Chandra was signed as the brand ambassador for the Hoop, a Gitanjali brand. She also took part in a commercial for Mysore Sandal Soap. Neetu Chandra also appeared in music director Ismail Darbar's music video "Rasiya Saajan" along with Zubeen Garg. She was also seen in the music video of Bombay Vikings' singer Neeraj Shridhar's hit single "Aa Raha Hoon Main". She also appeared in a successful remix of Sajna Hai Mujhe from D.J. Hot Remix Vol.1 (and the song appeared in 7 other albums after that) , and the super hit song Mera Babu Chhail Chhabila (CD - Sophie & Dr.Love , DVD - D. J. Hot Remix Vol.2 & The Return Of Kaanta Mix) alongside Sophie Choudry (the song appeared in 9 other albums after that).
In 2013, Chandra made her debut in theatre, in a play, called Umrao, which featured her in the title role. The Times of India wrote that, "Neetu Chandra's debut on stage, though confident, doesn't create the desired impact and you wonder what's missing throughout the play". She is appearing as anchor in famous film song based programme Rangoli on DD National from May 2017.
In the media and personal life
|2008||One Two Three||Inspector Mayawati Chautala||Hindi|
|2008||Summer 2007||Digamber's wife||Hindi|
|2008||Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!||Sonal||Hindi|
|2009||Satyameva Jayate||Basara Papa||Telugu|
|2009||Yavarum Nalam||Priya Manohar||Tamil|
|2010||Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai||Tejaswini||Tamil|
|2010||No Problem||Sophia||Hindi||Special appearance|
|2011||Yuddham Sei||Tamil||Special appearance in song "Kannitheevu Ponna"|
|2011||Kucch Luv Jaisaa||Ria||Hindi|
|2013||Aadhi Baghavan||Rani Sampatha / Karishma||Tamil||SIIMA Award for Best Actor in Negative role|
|2013||Settai||Tamil||Special appearance in song "Laila Laila"|
|2017||Singam 3||Tamil||Special Appearance|
|2017||Vaigai Express||Radhika/ Jyothika||Tamil||Dual Role|
- "'Mithila Makhaan' has something for all: Neetu Chandra". TIMES OF INDIA.
- "'Taekwondo' has something for all: Neetu Chandra". TIMES OF INDIA.
- "'Champaran Talkies' has something for all: Neetu Chandra". Champaran Talkies.
- "Bhojpuri film industry not growing: Neetu Chandra". Sify.com. 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Neetu shoots kick & punch". The Telegraph (Calcutta). 2012-09-03. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- "Bollywood Celebrity Interview". IndiaGlitz.com. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "Neetu Chandra receives second black belt in Taekwondo". The Times of India. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Patna boy to represent India at global business meet in Ireland". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-04-05. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "Timing relief for Deswa". The Telegraph. Calcutta. 12 December 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- IANS (2013-07-04). "Rediscovered myself with my Greek film: Neetu Chandra - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "Neetu in awe of her Greek film look". Hindustan Times. 2012-07-03. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "I’m too young for marriage: Neetu Chandra - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-09-05. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Das, Chuman (29 January 2009). "Neetu Chandra signs her first ad campaign". Businessofcinema.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "| Bollywood News | Hindi Movies News | Celebrity News". BollywoodHungama.com. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "Bombay Vikings - Aa Raha Hoon Main". Youtube.com. Universal Music India/Vevo. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- Jha, Subhash K. (2013-11-12). "Don't want to dilute my moment of glory: Neetu Chandra". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "Theatre Review: Umrao". The Times of India. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "7Seas Technologies ropes in Neetu Chandra for 3D mobile action game — The Economic Times". The Times Of India. 20 March 2008.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 January 2009. Retrieved 11 January 2009.
- "Neetu Chandra and Randeep Hooda split". Times of India. 9 April 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "Randeep Hooda and Neetu Chandra back together?". India Today. 3 April 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Neetu Chandra does a cameo in 'Manam'". Times of India. 9 February 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "Exclusive: Neetu Chandra put on 5 kgs [sic] for Sandalwood debut". The Times of India.
- "Neetu shoots in half-sari for Thilakar". The Times of India.
- "Thilagar is based on a true story". The Times of India.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neetu Chandra.|