Museo sang Negros (Hiligaynon)
|Established||March 16, 1996|
Provincial Agriculture Building
|Owner||Negros Cultural Foundation|
|Alternative names||Provincial Agriculture Building|
(building occupied by the museum)
|Architectural style||Neoclassical, Art Deco|
|Address||Gatuslao St., Negros Occidental Provincial Capitol Complex|
|Town or city||Bacolod|
|Current tenants||Negros Cultural Foundation|
(museum management; since 2003)
|Owner||Provincial Government of Negros Occidental (building)|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||Bureau of Public Works|
Negros Museum is a privately owned provincial museum situated in the Negros Occidental Provincial Capitol Complex in Bacolod City, Philippines. The structure was built in 1925 as the Provincial Agriculture Building.
Opened in March 16, 1996, the museum is formerly housed in the Provincial Capitol, which was reverted for government use 2003. Since then, the exhibits have been transferred to the former Provincial Agriculture Building. As a courtesy payment, Negros Cultural Foundation, the management running the Negros Museum, currently pays the Provincial Government a rent of ₱1 only, for minimum compliance under law.
The museum is the first in its kind to not house precious archaeological artifacts, but rather was designed to display Negrense lifestyle and society, which includes old furnishings and loaned items from ancestral houses. It also includes art exhibits and expositions from different local artists and foreign artists resident in Negros Island Region. Art training and seminars are also conducated inside the museum.
Negros Museum Cafe serves the needs of museum goers and walk-in guests, situated in the West Annex of the museum. It includes a separate entrance, which includes an open-air and an in-house station occasionally used for small theater plays and art exhibitions. The cafe and the resident chef, Guido Nijssen, serves as the official caterer of the Office of the Governor and the Provincial Government of Negros Occidental for official dignitary functions.
- "The Negros Museum: A Quick Way to Get to Know the Island of Negros - Choose Philippines. Find. Discover. Share". Choosephilippines.com. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "About - The Negros Museum". Negrosmuseum.blogspot.com. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "The Negros Museum". The Negros Museum. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "Negros Museum to Unveil Mural Painting on Marine Life Conservation - Negros Occidental Provincial Government". Negros-occ.gov.ph. 2016-05-17. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "Learning Art: The Negros Museum | Pisyo – Pisyo". Pisyo.com. 2016-02-05. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
- "Ang Pinaka: Yummy in Bacolod no. 1: Negros Museum Cafe | Video | GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2017-01-06.