Bhasin in 2019
Neha Bhasin (born 18 November 1982) is an Indian singer and songwriter. Known for her musical contribution as a vocalist in Bollywood, Tamil, Telugu film industry and Independent music in the genre of Indian pop and Punjabi folk music. She is the recipient of two Filmfare Awards besides many other awards, accolades and multiple nominations.
Neha Bhasin was born in Delhi to Ashok Bhasin and Rekha Bhasin. She went to Frank Anthony Public School and won her first singing competition singing Mariah Carey's song Hero at the age of 9. Since childhood she aspired to become a popstar. She joined Shiamak Davar's dance academy to learn various dance forms. She also took vocal classical training from Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
Neha became an over night sensation at age 18 when she was selected by Coke V popstars, a nation wide Talent search conducted by Channel V to be a part of the 5 girl pop group ' Viva '.
Neha Bhasin married Sameer Uddin, a music composer, in a western wedding in Tuscany, Italy on October 23, 2016.
Bhasin was attending Lady Sri Ram College when she auditioned for Coke [V] Popstars in 2002 and won the competition to form India's first all girls Viva (band) along with four other girls.
After the band broke up in 2004 Neha went on to sing for Bollywood films and Tamil film music Industry.
Her first breakthrough in Bollywood was the song 'kuch khass hai' in 2007 which also got Neha her first Filmfare nomination in 2008. Neha's debut Tamil song 'Pesugiren Pesugiren' composed by Yuvan shankar raja won Neha the Star vijay award for best playback singer in 2008.
|Year||Award||Category||Song and Film||Result|
|2007||Vijay TV Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Pesugiren Pesugiren (Satham Podathey) – Tamil||Won|
|2008||Filmfare Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Kuch Khaas Hai (Fashion)||Nominated|
|2009||Music Mirchi Awards South Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Atu Nuvve (Current) – Telugu||Nominated|
|2011||Stardust Awards||Musical Sensation of the Year||Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan)||Won|
|2011||Screen Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan)||Nominated|
|2011||Apsara Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan)||Nominated|
|2011||Zee Cine Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan)||Nominated|
|2011||People's Choice Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan)||Nominated|
|2011||Filmfare Awards South||Best Playback Singer – Female||Poraney Poraney (VAAGAI SOODA VA) – Tamil||Nominated|
|2011||Filmfare Awards South||Best Playback Singer – Female||Hello Hello (Dhada) – Telugu||Nominated|
|2011||Music Mirchi Awards South||Best Playback Singer – Female||Hello Hello (Dhada) – Telugu||Nominated|
|2011||Mirchi Music Awards||Female Vocalist of The Year||Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan)||Nominated|
|2014||Gama Tollywood Music Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Aww Tuzo Mogh Kortha (1 Nenokkadine) – Telugu||Won|
|2014||SIIMA Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Aww Tuzo Mogh Kortha (1 Nenokkadine) – Telugu||Won|
|2016||Stardust Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Jag Ghoomeya (Sultan) – Hindi||Won|
|2016||Mirchi Music Awards||Female Vocalist of The Year||Jag Ghoomeya (Sultan) – Hindi||Nominated|
|2017||Filmfare Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Jag Ghoomeya (Sultan) – Hindi||Won|
|2017||ZeeCine Awards||Best Playback Singer – Female||Jag Ghoomeya (Sultan) – Hindi||Won|
|2017||Femina Women Awards||Femina Women Jury Award in the Music and Performing Arts||Jag Ghoomeya (Sultan) – Hindi||Won|
|2018||Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Telugu||Swing Zara (Jai Lava Kusa) – Telugu||Nominated|
|2018||Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Punjabi||Paani Ravi Da (Lahoriye) – Punjabi||Won|
- Neha collaborated with Malaysian Hip Hop star Emcee Jesz for the song "THANIYE". The song has over 300,000 views on YouTube alone. It was also nominated for "Best Collaboration" at the RADIO RAGA AWARDS in Malaysia (2008–09).
TV and film
- Bhasin made her acting debut starring in the film Life Ki Toh Lag Gayi, a Kay Sera Sera production. She starred alongside Kay Kay Menon and Ranvir Shorey in the movie which released in 2012.
- Neha hosted Sa Re Ga Ma Hungama on Zee Music in 2008 (backstage hosting)
- Neha played the role of Anchor and Judge on musical reality show Sitaaron Ko Choona Hai that aired on Real TV.
- Neha was a wildcard entry on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Season 5.
|2005||"Bullet – Ek Dhamaka"||Bullet: Ek Dhamaka||Hindi||Somesh Mathur|
|2006||"Ek Look Ek Look"||Aryan||Anand Raj Anand|
|2007||"I Wanna Rock Like Mummy Ji"||Mummy Ji||Aadesh Shrivastava|
|"Jashna Di Raat Ha"|
|"Pesugiren Pesugiren"||Satham Podathey||Tamil||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|2008||"Hari Puttar"||Hari Puttar||Hindi||Aadesh Shrivastava|
|"Kuchh Khaas||Fashion||Salim-Sulaiman||Mohit Chauhan|
|"Kuch Khaas (Remix)"|
|2009||"Om Shanthi Om"||Muthirai||Tamil||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|"Atu Nuvve Itu Nuvve"||Current||Telugu||Devi Sri Prasad|
|"Yogi Yogi Thaan"||Yogi||Tamil||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|"Nasha"||Daddy Cool||Hindi||Gaurav Dayal|
|Kill Chabbra||Raghav Sachar|
|"You and Me"||Pyaar Impossible||Salim-Sulaiman|
|2011||"Are Dhammare"||Maharaja||Tamil||D. Imman|
|"Poraney Poraney"||Vaagai Sooda Vaa||M. Ghibran|
|"Dhunki"||Mere Brother Ki Dulhan||Hindi||Sohail Sen|
|"Hello Hello"||Dhada||Telugu||Devi Sri Prasad|
|"Dil Ki Hai Tamanna"||Force||Hindi||Harris Jayaraj|
|2012||"Kaadhal Endhan Kaadhal"||Moondru Per Moondru Kaadhal||Tamil||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|"Tha Tha Thamara"||Nuvva Nena||Telugu||Bheems Ceciroleo|
|2014||"Aww Tuzo Mogh Korta"||1: Nenokkadine||Devi Sri Prasad|
|"Asalaam-e-Ishqum"||Gunday||Hindi||Sohail Sen||Bappi Lahiri|
|2016||"Aakhein Milayenge Darr Se"||Neerja||Vishal Khurana|
|2016||" Apple beauty"||Janatha Garage||Telugu||Devi Sri Prasad|
|2017||"Paani Ravi Da"||Lahoriye||Punjabi||Jatinder Shah|
|"Swing Zara"||Jai Lava Kusa||Telugu||Devi Sri Prasad|
|"Swag Se Swagat"||Tiger Zinda Hai||Hindi||Vishal-Shekhar||Vishal Dadlani|
|"Dil Diyan Gallan" (Unplugged)"|
|2018||"Kaala Doreya"||Kaalakaandi||Sameer Uddin|
|"Shuru Kar"||Aiyaary||Rochak Kohli||Amit Mishra|
|"Heeriye"||Race 3||Meet Bros||Deep Money|
|"Swag Saha Nahi Jaaye"||Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi||Sohail Sen||Shahdab Faridi, Shivangi Bhanaya, Sohail Sen|
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 5) as Contestant (2012)
- The Kapil Sharma Show as Special Appearance (28 April 2019)
- Natasha Chopra (12 January 2005). "Vivacious". Ahmedabad Times. p. 21. Archived from the original on 11 November 2013. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Neha Bhasin". beatfactorymusic.com. Archived from the original on 7 April 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Neha Bhasin is not really bothered about the 'sad reality' of male singers dominating Bollywood". Hindustan Times. 19 March 2018.
- "Neha Bhasin". oklisten.com.
- "54th Filmfare Awards 2008 Nominations". glamsham.com.
- "10 years of Max Stardust Awards". mxmindia.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Nominations - Mirchi Music Award Hindi 2011". 30 January 2013. Archived from the original on 30 January 2013. Retrieved 24 May 2018.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Gama Film Music Awards returns to Dubai". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Stardust Awards 2016 Winners". www.bollywoodhungama.com.
- "MMA Mirchi Music Awards". MMAMirchiMusicAwards. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "Life Ki Toh Lag Gayi Credits". Internet Movie Database.
- "Neha Bhasin hosts Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Hungama on Zee Music". indiatoday.intoday.in.
- "Song sung true". thehindu.com.
- "Sitaron Ko Choona Hai". Archived from the original on 3 January 2015. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- "Neha Bhasin Wild Card on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa". bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neha Bhasin.|