Neighborhoods in Tampa, Florida
The city of Tampa, Florida is officially divided into six geographical regions: New Tampa, West Tampa, Brooklyn Village, Downtown Tampa, Ybor City, and Channel District each coinciding with a respective Tampa City Council district. The neighborhoods are managed by Neighborhood and Community Relations, a department under Neighborhood Services, a city department which serves as a resource for residents and businesses.
Neighborhoods and Districts
Central Business Districts
- Downtown Tampa
- Uptown Tampa, a subdistrict in the northwestern section of Downtown Tampa.
- Westshore Business District
Other divisions and designations
There have been a number of divisions of Tampa, some of which are still used in common local conversation, but which do not correspond with Neighborhood and Community Relations designations.
- "Tampa City Council (map included)". Archived from the original on 2011-10-08. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
- "Neighborhood and Community Relations: Home". Archived from the original on 2009-02-15. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
- City of Tampa neighborhood map Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine
- National Register of Historical Places - FLORIDA
- "Tampa Neighborhood Registry". City of Tampa. 2009-02-20. Archived from the original on 2007-10-18. Retrieved 2009-02-20.