Neighbours from Hell
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Neighbours from Hell|
PAL region cover art for Microsoft Windows
Big Moon Entertainment (Mobile)
|Publisher(s)||JoWooD Productions (Europe)
Encore Software (North America)
THQ Nordic (Mobile)
|Platform(s)||Nintendo GameCube, Xbox, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, iOS, Android|
Neighbours from Hell is a strategy video game for Nintendo GameCube, Microsoft Windows, Xbox, Android and iOS. In Europe, it was released for Windows on June 20, 2003, and the GameCube and Xbox on March 4, 2005. The game was released for Windows in the United States on September 22, 2003. A mobile port of the game was released worldwide for the iOS and Android on May 25, 2017.
Woody is an average man who has a happy life, until his neighbor Mr. Rottweiler, makes his life miserable. Woody decides to take full revenge on Mr. Rottweiler. In the game Neighbors from Hell, the player creeps around the neighbour’s house performing tricks upon the unsuspecting resident. The player is the star of a new TV show with the same name, with cameras that track every move as the player sets traps such as sawing the chair, banana peels/soap on the floor, smeared paintings and messing with home equipment. The game's objectives are to create disarray, increase ratings, and win awards. Obstacles in the game include the watchful neighbour himself, also - his guard dog, and a parrot called Chilli, both of whom will try to alert the Neighbour of Woody's presence.
Each level's goal is to play some crude tricks on your neighbor by using every item near your character. Each stage has 4 or 5 zones (not including the training stages). You must move Woody from zone to zone, The Neighbor moves with them as time goes by. Sometimes you can distract him in different ways (such as call him to make him go downstairs) or he gets distracted automatically (for example, painting, washing clothes and so on). He has pets watching over him, such as a parrot named Chilli. The game starts with only few rooms (the hall, bathroom, kitchen and the living room), but as the game progresses, more rooms are unlocked (in Season 2 is the balcony and bedroom, and in Season 3 is the basement and study), making the game more difficult.
- Woody - The Playable Character and Protagonist of the game.
- Mr. Rottweiler / (The Neighbour From Hell) - The main Antagonist of the game and is the neighbour that Woody must play tricks on.
- Chilli - Mr. Rottweiler's parrot.
- Guard Dog - Mr. Rottweiler's dog.
- Joe - The director of the show, gives useful hints in training series.
In 2004 a sequel was released, called Neighbours from Hell 2: On Vacation. In this game instead of being in a house, the player travels to various locations around the world. This time the player must have his caution turned to the Mom of the Neighbour too, if he doesn't want to be caught.
- The official website of the Neighbours from Hell series
- Neighbours from Hell at Game Rankings
- Neighbours from Hell at GameSpot
- Neighbours from Hell at MobyGames
- Neighbours from Hell: On Vacation at MobyGames
- "THQ Releases a Free 'Neighbours from Hell' Port on the App Store". TouchArcade. May 31, 2017. Retrieved June 1, 2017.