Tiding Boulevard in Neihu
|Country||Republic of China (Taiwan)|
|Region||Eastern Taipei City|
|• Total||31.5787 km2 (12.1926 sq mi)|
|Area rank||Ranked 3rd of 12|
|• Rank||Ranked 3rd of 12|
|• Density||9,100/km2 (24,000/sq mi)|
Neihu District is a district of Taipei City, Taiwan. Neihu means "inner lake." The older name originates from the Ketagalan word Tayour (transliterated by the Dutch as Cattajo), meaning woman's head ornament.
Many mountainous roads and paths, which are ideal for hiking, connect Neihu with the neighboring Shilin District and Yangmingshan National Park. The Tri-Service General Hospital, which is a teaching hospital of the National Defense Medical Center, is also in Neihu. The Wuchih Mountain Military Cemetery borders Neihu.
Although it is a flood-prone region, Neihu has experienced huge growth[when?] with the construction of the Neihu Technology Park and hypermarkets such as Costco, RT Mart, Carrefour, B&Q. The extension of the Taipei Metro to Neihu in the 1990s and early 2000s has also boosted residential and commercial growth. TransAsia Airways, Delta Electronics and RT-Mart have their headquarters in the district. Neihu is the location of the Garena e-Sports Stadium, which is host to the League of Legends Masters Series, the premier League of Legends esports professional video game league in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
Universities and colleges
- National Taiwan College of Performing Arts
- Takming University of Science and Technology
- Kang-Ning Junior College of Medical Care and Management
- Taipei Municipal Nei-Hu Vocational High School (1986)
- Taipei Municipal Nei-Hu Senior High School (1988)
- Taipei Municipal Lishan Senior High School (2000)
- St. Francis High School
Neihu's attractions include Dahu Park, famous for its picturesque footbridge, Bihu Park, where cherry blossoms can be viewed in the spring, and Bishan Temple (碧山巖), a large Taoist temple dedicated to Chen Yuanguang on the mountainside that affords a panoramic view of Taipei. In the vicinity of Bishan Temple are a number of other Taoist and Buddhist temples, as well as orchards and fruit farms where tourists can pick their own fruit. An extensive network of hiking trails criss-crosses the mountainous regions of the northern part of Neihu.
There are many popular restaurants in the Neihu area, including Journey Kaffe, a restaurant where patrons can make their own pizza, and Holly Brown Coffee, a cafe popular for its extravagant milkshakes.
Other tourist attractions are Guo Ziyi Memorial Hall.
The district is served by the Neihu Line of Taipei Metro (Wenhu or Brown Line). Stations located within the district are Donghu Station, Huzhou Station, Dahu Park Station, Neihu Station, Wende Station, Gangqian Station and Xihu Station.
- Yu, Jess Macy (2018-06-11). "U.S. shows new de facto embassy in Taiwan amid China tensions". U.S. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "foot_01.gif." (English) TransAsia Airways. Retrieved on March 2, 2014. "Address: No. 9, Sec. 1, Tiding Blvd., Neihu Dist., Taipei City 11494, Taiwan (R.O.C.)"
- "foot_01.gif" (in Chinese). TransAsia Airways. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- 賣場資訊. RT-Mart. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- 【活動】台灣史上第一座『Garena 電子競技館』隆重登場！. Garena. 2014-10-29. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "Wie die Begradigungen des Keelung Flusses das Stadtbild von Taipeh nachhaltig geprägt hat – How straightening of Keelung River has shaped Taipei City as we know it today". Alex Kunz Taipei. 2018-10-07. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neihu District, Taipei.|