||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Delamere in 2013
Edenderry, County Offaly, Ireland
Delamere is from Edenderry, County Offaly. He has a degree in Computer Applications from Dublin City University (DCU), where his portrait is displayed in the university's library amongst other famous graduates. He began his career in 2004 at the Edinburgh Festival. Since then he has worked for both Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ) and the BBC, in programmes such as the BBC comedy series One Night Stand, BBC radio and television panel quiz The Blame Game and RTÉ topical comedy show The Panel. He hosts Neil Delamere's Just For Laughs, a comedy television show in which he interviews acts performing at the Montreal Festival. He featured on Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow on 4 July 2009. Delamere made his debut appearance on Radio Five Live's Fighting Talk, broadcast on 11 December 2010, when he won the panel show. Since his first appearance on the show, Delamere has made several appearances on the Sony Award Winning Sports Show.
In 2011, he hosted The Only Viking in the Village on RTÉ, in which he explored his Viking roots and informed viewers that the Vikings poured urine on their clothes. The show was nominated in the factual category for an Irish Film and Television Award, and won. He has stood in for John Murray on RTÉ Radio 1.
He presented the comedy documentary There's Something about Patrick which aired on 14 March 2013 on RTÉ 1. In the documentary Delamere travels the length and breadth of Ireland (and beyond) to meet experts, historians and St Patrick’s Day revellers, to discover the truth about the Irish patron saint.
Delamere also works for the Irish independent and national radio station, Today FM where he presents his own show titled "Neil Delamere's Sunday Best" which airs every Sunday from 11am to 1pm.
- Neil Delamere's No Message
- Neil Delamere Live: Creme Delamere
- Neil Delamere: The Implement Of Divlment
- "Neil Delamere: Fresh Prince Of Delamere"
Selected television credits
- The Panel (RTÉ Two/One)
- Neil Delamere's Just For Laughs (RTÉ Two)
- The Blame Game (BBC)
- Liffey Laughs (RTÉ Two)
- The World Stands Up (Paramount)
- Ed Byrne's Just For Laughs (RTÉ Two)
- Tubridy Tonight (RTÉ One)
- The Late Late Show (RTÉ One)
- Republic of Telly (RTÉ Two)
- One Night Stand (BBC)
- Raymann is Laat (TV Netherlands)
- Great unanswered questions (BBC 2)
- Stand up for the week (Channel 4)
- Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow (BBC One)
- There’s Something about Patrick (RTÉ One) - 2013
- Holding out for a Hero (RTÉ Two) - 2014
- Grat, Martin (28 August 2009). "Comedy review: Neil Delamere". The Scotsman. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Artist Pages: Neil Delamere". Off the Kerb. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "Neil's not-so horrible history the only viking in the village". Evening Herald. 30 November 2011. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Neil Delamere to Present John Murray Show". RTÉ Ten. 23 February 2012. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT PATRICK". RTE.ie. Retrieved 21 March 2013.
- "Belfast, Episode 5, Series 1". BBC One. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
|This article about a comedian or humorist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Irish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|