|Director of the Bureau of Land Management|
April 8, 2014 – January 20, 2017
Acting: March 1, 2013 – April 8, 2014
|Preceded by||Mike Pool (acting)|
|Succeeded by||Kristin Bail (acting)|
Kornze was raised in Elko, Nevada. He graduated from Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington with a bachelor's degree in politics, and then earned a master's degree in International Relations from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Kornze worked in the office of Nevada Senator Harry Reid from 2003 until 2011, where he worked on a variety of public lands issues, including renewable energy development, mining, water, outdoor recreation, rural development, and wildlife. During his tenure, Kornze participated in the design of the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009, which designated 2 million acres of wilderness, codified the National Landscape Conservation System, and added 1,000 river-miles to the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
Bureau of Land Management
Kornze was the BLM's Acting Deputy Director for Policy and Programs from October 2011 through March 2013, when he became the Principal Deputy Director and Acting Director, where he worked on renewable and conventional energy, transmission siting, and conservation policy. In November 2013, Kornze was nominated to be the bureau's director and in April 2014, that nomination was confirmed by the U.S. Senate by a vote of 71–28.
- "Obama picks Nevadan Neil Kornze as next BLM head". High County News. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- Itkowitz, Colby (April 8, 2014). "Senate confirms Neil Kornze as BLM director". Washington Post. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- Straehley, Steve. "Director of the Bureau of Land Management: Who Is Neil Kornze?". AllGov. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Neil Kornze, Director, Bureau of Land Management". U.S. Department of the Interior. Archived from the original on May 6, 2014. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- Clarke, Chris (November 8, 2013). "Obama Nominee for BLM Gets Mixed Reception From Pols, Enviros". KCET. Archived from the original on March 30, 2020. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "Statement from Director of the BLM Neil Kornze "Nevada Belongs to All Americans, Bundy Owes Americans $1 Million, No More Raids"". Archived from the original on 20 April 2014. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
|This biography of a person who has held a non-elected position in the federal government of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|