Neil McCallum (actor)
Hanley, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Died||26 April 1976 (aged 46–47)
Thatcham, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
|Cause of death||Cerebral haemorrhage|
|Alma mater||Guildhall School of Music and Drama|
After attending the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, McCallum's first major appearance on stage was alongside Sam Wanamaker in The Rainmaker in the mid-1950s. He appeared in British TV series in the 1950s, 60s and early 70s, including The Saint, Department S and UFO, and in films such as The Siege of Pinchgut (1959) and Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965). He provided the voices of Dr Ray Pierce in the film Thunderbirds Are Go (1966) and an airport controller in the TV series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (1967). He played lead character Angelo James in the BBC TV series Vendetta (1966-68).
He dated the British film and stage actress Julie Andrews early in her career, as mentioned in Andrews' autobiography Home.
- On the Run (1958) - Wesley
- The Siege of Pinchgut (1959) - Johnny Kirk
- The Devil's Disciple (1959) - Christie Dudgeon
- Jet Storm (1959) - Gil Gilbert
- Foxhole in Cairo (1960) - Sandy
- Night Without Pity (1961) - O'Brien
- The Inspector (1962) - Browne
- The Longest Day (1962) - Canadian Doctor (uncredited)
- The War Lover (1962) - Sully
- Walk a Tightrope (1964) - Counsel
- Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965) - Jim Dawson (segment "Werewolf")
- Catacombs (1965) - Richard 'Dick' Corbett
- Thunderbirds Are Go (1966) - Dr. Ray Pierce (voice)
- The Lost Continent (1968) - First Officer Hemmings
- Moon Zero Two (1969) - Space Captain
- Quest for Love (1971) - Jimmy
- "Deaths". The Times. London, England. 28 April 1976. p. 28.
- "Latest wills". The Times. London, England. 25 August 1976. p. 14.
McCallum, Mr Neil John, of Thatcham, actor (intestate) ... £48,424
|This article about a British actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|