Neil Russell Woodford
March 1960 (age 58)
|Alma mater||University of Exeter|
London Business School
|Known for||founder and CEO, Woodford Investment Management|
Woodford began his career with the Dominion Insurance Company. In 1987 he became a fund manager with Eagle Star, then moved to Invesco Perpetual in 1988. He has also pursued postgraduate studies in Finance at the London Business School.
Woodford ran the Invesco Perpetual Income, and Invesco Perpetual High Income funds, with respectively £10.36 billion and £13.64 billion in assets. Woodford was vocal over the 2012 proposed merger between British defence company BAE Systems and EADS, the European aerospace group, warning that unless there was a “substantial change” in BAE’s strategy, Invesco would have to consider “all options open to us”.
In September 2013, Woodford criticised Labour's energy prices policy as shares in Centrica and SSE fell. A million small investors were affected by the fall due to fears over Labour plans to cap energy prices after the next election.
Woodford Investment Management
In April 2014, Woodford left his role as head of UK equities at Invesco Perpetual to set up Woodford Investment Management LLP. In April 2015, he launched Woodford Patient Capital Trust, large listed investment trust. Woodford Investment Management launched a second Equity Income Fund in April 2017, LF Woodford Income Focus.
In 2012, Woodford was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2013 Birthday Honours for services to the economy. In July 2016, he was awarded an honorary fellowship by the London Business School.
- "Neil Woodford | Fund Manager Fact Sheet | St James's Place, Woodford Investment Management LLP, Old Mutual Global Investors". Citywire.co.uk. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "Woodford Investment Management LLP". Companies House. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- Invesco Perpetual Income Fund, Invesco Perpetual
- Invesco Perpetual High Income Fund, Invesco Perpetual
- Invesco voices concern over BAE tie-up, Financial Times, 8 October 2012
- Campbell, Peter. "Fund guru Neil Woodford slams Labour's energy prices policy". Thisismoney.co.uk. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- Jackson, Gary. "Neil Woodford unveils new venture | News". Fundweb.co.uk. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- Lobo, Dylan (25 June 2014). "Woodford raises record £1.6 billion for new fund - Citywire Money". Citywire.co.uk. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "Buyers send Woodford's Patient Capital Trust to instant premium". The Telegraph. 21 April 2015. Retrieved 13 June 2015.
- "LF Woodward Income Focus". Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "No. 60534". The London Gazette (Supplement). 15 June 2013. p. 9.
- "LBS honours Olivier Blanchard and Neil Woodford | London Business School". London.edu. 29 July 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2017.