Sebastiano (Nello) Musumeci (born 21 January 1955) is an Italian politician. He is the Member of the European Parliament for the Italian seat Islands, part of the Union for a Europe of Nations and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Fisheries and its Committee on Industry, Research and Energy.
Musumeci was born in Militello in Val di Catania, Sicily, and is the founder and the current leader of Sicilian Alliance, an autonomist party of Sicily, after having left National Alliance in 2005. He ran unsuccessfully for the presidency of the Sicily region in 2006 obtaining 5.3% of the votes, and again in 2012 when he came second with 25.7%.
Musumeci sits on the infamous 666 seat in Strasbourg. He is a substitute for the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development, substitute for the delegation to the EU-Turkey joint parliamentary committee.
- 1973: Secondary school-leaving certificate in technical subjects
- studies in law
- Journalist and publicist
- 1983: teacher at the Higher Institute of Journalism of Acireale
- 2002: Regional Coordinator of Alleanza Nazionale for Sicily
- 1994-2003: chairman of Catania Provincial Council
- since 1994: Member of the European Parliament
- 2006: ran unsuccessfully as President of Sicily
- Substitute vice-chairman of Aiccre (Italian Association of European Municipalities and Regions)
- "Regional Elections of 28 October 2012, Sicily".
- Official website
- Personal profile of Nello Musumeci in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Italian)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|