This article needs to be updated.February 2020)(
|Owner||Andhra Pradesh Airports Development Corporation Limited|
|Operator||AGI And Groupe ADP(France)|
|Time zone||IST (+5:30)|
|Elevation AMSL||78.7 ft / 24 m|
As part of the Ministry of Civil Aviation's initiative to improve regional air infrastructure, Nellore was selected as a location for development of a new low-cost airport. The airport will initially lack several amenities common in Western airports to manage costs, but the facilities may be upgraded in the future. The Arafath Group and ADP Ingénierie will construct and operate the airport.
In September 2017, the government of Andhra Pradesh solicited proposals for development of a no-frills greenfield airport at Dagadarthi under a public-private partnership. The development proposal by SCL-Turbo Consortium Pvt. Ltd. was accepted, along with the associated draft concession agreement and financial stipulations.
The Foundation Stone was Laid by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on January 10th 2019.
The Airport's Construction is Expected to be Completed by June, 2021.
The Airport will Contain a Single runway of
1350 Meters in Length and 45 Meters in Width, Supporting Aircraft as Large as the Boeing 737-900.
Airport Facilities will be Energy-Efficient and Minimalistic. Unlike Western Airports, a Steel and Glass Design will not be used for the Terminal, as it increases air Conditioning costs.
- Mukherjee, Sharmistha (5 July 2014). "Centre to focus on low-cost airports along tourist circuits". Business Standard India. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "WELCOME TO ARAFATH GROUPS OF INDUSTRIES". ARAFATH GROUPS OF INDUSTRIES. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Design for a new greenfield airport at Nellore in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh | ADP Ingénierie". www.adp-i.com. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Dagadarthi airport works awarded to Turbo Consortium". The Hans India. 17 September 2017. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Foundation stone for Dagadarthi airport soon: Nellore Collector". The Hindu. 27 January 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
. Aug-2019. Andhra Pradesh's Government terminated its contract with Nellore International Airport Private Limited to develop Nellore Dagadarthi Airport.
- "Nellore (Dagadarthi) Airport New Airport Profile | CAPA". centreforaviation.com. Retrieved 12 February 2020.