Nelson Lagoon Airport
|Nelson Lagoon Airport|
|Owner||Alaska DOT&PF - Central Region|
|Serves||Nelson Lagoon, Alaska|
|Elevation AMSL||14 ft / 4 m|
Nelson Lagoon Airport (IATA: NLG, ICAO: PAOU, FAA LID: OUL, formerly Z73) is a state-owned, public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) east of the central business district of Nelson Lagoon, in the Aleutians East Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. Scheduled airline service to Cold Bay Airport is provided by Peninsula Airways (PenAir).
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, this airport had 290 commercial passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, a decrease of 4% from the 302 enplanements in 2007. Nelson Lagoon Airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (2009-2013), which categorizes it as a general aviation facility.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned OUL by the FAA and NLG by the IATA (which assigned OUL to Oulu Airport in Oulu, Finland).
Airlines and destinations
|Grant Aviation||Cold Bay, Port Moller|
Facilities and aircraft
Nelson Lagoon Airport has one runway designated 8/26 with a gravel surface measuring 4,000 by 75 feet (1,219 x 23 m). For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2005, the airport had 302 aircraft operations, an average of 25 per month: 68% air taxi and 32% general aviation.
- FAA Airport Master Record for OUL ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 27 Aug 2009.
- CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data (Preliminary). Federal Aviation Administration. Published 15 July 2009.
- 2009 Timetables. Peninsula Airways. Retrieved 6 Sep 2009.
- FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems: 2009-2013. Federal Aviation Administration. Published 1 Oct 2008.
- Great Circle Mapper: NLG / PAOU - Nelson Lagoon, Alaska. Retrieved 6 Sep 2009.
- Aviation Safety Network: OUL / EFOU - Oulu Airport, Finland. Retrieved 6 Sep 2009.
- Airport diagram for Nelson Lagoon (Z73) (GIF). FAA, Alaska Region. 10 June 2004.
- FAA Terminal Procedures for OUL, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: