Nemo, the Classic Comics Library was a magazine devoted to the history and creators of vintage comic strips. Created by comics historian Rick Marschall, it was published between 1983 and 1990 by Fantagraphics.
Nemo ran for 31 issues (the last being a double issue) plus one annual. Most issues were edited by Marschall. The title was taken from the classic comic strip Little Nemo. While some issues were thematic, most were a mix of articles, interviews, comic strip reprints and more.
Marschall later went on to co-found another magazine about comics, Hogan's Alley.
During that same period in the 1980s, Fantagraphics launched an imprint, Nemo Bookshelf, the Classic Comics Library. This was a line of classic comic strip reprint books, including Little Orphan Annie, Pogo, Red Barry, Dickie Dare, The Complete E. C. Segar Popeye and Prince Valiant.
- Terry and the Pirates
- Flash Gordon
- Fantasy in Comics
- Alley Oop
- Disney legends
- Little Orphan Annie
- Hal Foster Interview
- Cartoon Christmas Cards
- Art of Charles Dana Gibson, Sam's Strip by Mort Walker and Jerry Dumas, Clare Victor Dwiggins, Nervy Nat by James Montgomery Flagg, Slim Jim
- Cartoonists and World War II
- Red Barry
- George McManus
- Milton Caniff's first art script
- Huck Finn
- Dick Tracy
- Al Capp
- Kerry Drake
- Golden Age of Comics Promotion
- King Aroo
- John Held Jr., Jimmy Swinnerton, 100 years ago, Joe Palooka
- Little Orphan Annie, Hi and Lois
- Rube Goldberg
- Edwina Dumm's Cap Stubbs and Tippie, Milton Caniff's advertising work, reminiscences by John Neville Wheeler, early work of Gene Ahern
- T. S. Sullivant's Unforgettable Comic Zoo
- Cartoon Art of Norman Rockwell, "Lovely Lilly" by Carolyn Wells, chalk-plate cartoon production, William Faulkner and The Comics, "White Boy" by Garrett Price
- Ethnic Images
- Gasoline Alley Sunday Pages, interview with Ferd Johnson and Texas Slim strips, Ming Foo by Nicholas Afonsky and Brandon Walsh
- Little Nemo, Joseph Keppler, Ernie Bushmiller
- Double Issue - Charles Schulz Interview, Milton Caniff, Krazy Kat, Cliff Sterrett
- "Nemo: The Classic Comics Library". Fantagraphics. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Rick Marschall interviews Mort Walker (Nemo #5)
- Stripper's Guide: Adventures of Lovely Lilly (Nemo #27)