|Passes through||North Sea|
|To||Richborough, Kent, England|
|Partners||Elia System Operator|
National Grid plc
|Manufacturer of conductor/cable||J-Power Systems Corporation|
|Installer of conductor/cable||J-Power Systems Corporation, DeepOcean|
|Manufacturer of substations||Siemens|
|Installer of substations||Siemens|
|Commissioned||31 January 2019|
|Type of current||HVDC|
|Total length||140 km (87 mi)|
|Power rating||1,000 MW|
|DC voltage||400 kV|
Nemo Link is an HVDC submarine power cable between Richborough Energy Park in Kent, the United Kingdom and Zeebrugge, Belgium. The project is a joint venture between British National Grid and Belgian Elia. The electrical interconnector is the first between the two countries, capable of transmitting up to 1,000 MW at 400 kV for an annual transmission capacity of 8.76 TWh. The link has been fully operational since 31 January 2019.
In 2015, contracts totalling €500 million were awarded to Siemens for the construction of the two onshore HVDC converter stations and to J-Power Systems Corporation for the cable system. The contract for the laying of the actual cable was awarded to DeepOcean who completed the work in 2017 and 2018.
The total cable length is 140 km (87 miles) of which 130 kilometres (81 mi) is under water, buried at a depth of up to 60 metres (200 ft). The offshore section runs from Pegwell Bay on the UK side to Zeebrugge beach in Belgium. The onshore cable in Belgium is nearly 9 km (5.6 miles) long and connects the landing point of the submarine cable in Zeebrugge beach to the converter station in Herdersbrug. In the United Kingdom there is 2 km (1.2 miles) of land cable from Pegwell Bay to the Richborough converter station.
- "Nemo Link Interconnector - 4C Offshore". 4coffshore.com. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "New UK-Belgium power link to start operating on Jan. 31". Jan 14, 2019. Retrieved Aug 21, 2020 – via uk.reuters.com.
- "J-Power Systems Wins Contract with NEMO LINK for HVDC Subsea Interconnector Cable System between UK and Belgium" (PDF). jpowers.co.jp. 2015-06-08. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Boom time for DeepOcean". renews.biz. 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "Nemo Link legt kabelverbinding op de bodem van de Noordzee" [Nemo Link lays cable connection at the bottom of the North Sea] (PDF) (in Dutch). Nemo Link. March 2018. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2018-09-08. Retrieved 2018-09-08.