|Parent company||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Founder||Brian Epstein, Nat Weiss, Shaun Weiss|
|Country of origin||U.S.|
Nemperor Records is an American jazz and pop music record label. It was distributed by Atlantic Records from 1974 to 1977, and then CBS Records from 1978 onward. It is owned by Sony Music Entertainment.
It was founded in 1966 by The Beatles' manager Brian Epstein and Nat Weiss and Shaun Weiss as a management company called "Nemperor Artists Inc". In 1974, the company became a record label after releasing the Jerry Goodman and Jan Hammer album, Like Children. Other notable artists who recorded for the label included bassist Stanley Clarke and The Romantics.
Nat Weiss (born Nathan M. Weiss) died on July 30, 2013, in New York City.
|Catalogue no.||Artist||Album title|
|430||Jerry Goodman with Jan Hammer||Like Children|
|431||Stanley Clarke||Stanley Clarke|
|432||Jan Hammer||The First Seven Days|
|433||Stanley Clarke||Journey to Love|
|435||Lenny White||Venusian Summer|
|443||Andy Pratt||Shiver in the Night|
|4095||Steve Forbert||Little Stevie Orbit|
- "Label: Nemperor Records". Rate Your Music. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Jerry Goodman & Jan Hammer - Like Children (Vinyl, LP, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 5, 2016. Retrieved May 24, 2016.
- [dead link]
- Doc Rock. "July to December". The Dead Rock Stars Club. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Nemperor Records - CDs and Vinyl at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-09-30.