Nenad N. Bach (born 1954) is a Croatian American recording artist, composer, performer, producer and peace activist. He has performed with a wide range of artists, including Luciano Pavarotti, Bono & The Edge (U2), Brian Eno, Garth Hudson & Rick Danko (The Band), Vince Welnick (Grateful Dead), John Malkovich, Ellen Burstyn, Martin Sheen and Michael York.
Born in Zagreb, Croatia, Bach graduated as a civil engineer from the University of Rijeka. His band Vrijeme i Zemlja was formed while he was in college and had two Number 1 albums in Europe (Vrijeme i Zemlja I  in 1980 and Greatest Hits in 1988).
Bach moved to New York in 1984, and recorded his first US album, “Greatest Hits” in 1987. He performed the song "Can We Go Higher?", written as a call for peace during the war in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, at Woodstock '94 in the United States and in Modena, Italy at the 1995 concert "Pavarotti and Friends"  The song appears on the album "Pavarotti and Friends - Together for the Children of Bosnia" (1996) and is featured on Bach's album "A Thousand Years of Peace". The album, engineered by John Holbrook, features guest artists Garth Hudson (The Band), Vince Welnick (Grateful Dead), Graham Maby (Joe Jackson), David Amram, Michael York, Martin Sheen and others.
In March 1999 Bach opened the Miss Universe pageant in Europe. He scored the Mladen Juran film Transatlantic (1998) the Croatian entry for Best Foreign Film in the 1999 Academy Awards. Transatlantic had premiered the a year earlier in Croatian Film Festival in Pula where it won four Golden Arena Awards and was shown in the official program of the festival in Moscow in 1999, as well as in the official competition of the festival in Mar del Plata, and globally in other world class film festivals. He has also scored many features and short films, including King of Cool, the biopic about the life of Steve McQueen which premiered on American Movie Classics (AMC) at 10:00 PM March 31, 1998.
From 2012 to 2014 Nenad Bach served on the Artistic Board for the International Somobor Film Music Festival.
Nenad Bach Recent Discography
Produced "Everything is Forever" by Nenad Bach Band, NBM Ltd. 2015
Produced "All I Want Is Freedom" by Nenad Bach Band, NBM Ltd. 2010
Produced "Klapa Luka" by Klapa Luka, NBM Ltd. 2007 Produced "Dan Vičere" by Klapa Navalia, NBM Ltd 2007
Produced "Lipo Ime" by Klapa Sinj, NBM Ltd 2005
Produced "Klapa Fa Lindjo" by Klapa Fa Lindjo, NBM Ltd 2005
Recording Contract - performed on charity CD "We Are Family" 2001
Produced CD album "Following the Cross" by St. Stephen's Choir NBM Ltd 2000/ ARCANA 2002
Produced CD album "Novaljo, Novaljo" by Klapa Navalia NBM Ltd 2000
Produced CD album "Fire on the Sea" by Klapa Fortunal NBM Ltd/SIAM records 1999
Released enhanced CD album; "I Love Losers"/NBM Ltd 1996
Performance on "Pavarotti and Friends" compilation album with Pavarotti, Bono, The Edge, Meatloaf, Michael Bolton and others Decca/London 1996
Single "Can We Go Higher?" Rockworld/Sony 1993
Single "Can We Go Higher?" Croatia Records 1993
- Bykofsky, Stu (25 March 1993). "He is a rock for the kids". Philadelphia Daily News.
- "Croatian Artist Spurs Video Plea for peace in Yugoslavia". BillBoard Weekly. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "Pavarotti and Friends". Hello!. 23 September 1995. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Morse, Steve (1 December 1992). "Benefit single to aid victims of Yugoslavia conflict". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Bykofsky, Stu (25 March 1993). "A Song For The Victims Of War". Philadelphia Daily News. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Vrijeme I Zemlja RTV Ljubljana – LD 0536".
- "Nenad Bach – Greatest Hits".
- Byler, David. "the more you watch...the less you know". Canovals.
- "IMDb Transatlantik (1998)".
- "IMDb Steve McQueen: The King of Cool (1998 TV Movie)". Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- McCarthy, Todd. "Review: 'Steve McQueen: The King of Cool'". Variety. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "TEDxZagreb - Mind Wide Open". TED.com. 28 May 2011. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "TEDx talk Nenad Bach All I Want Is Freedom". YouTube. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "NENAD BACH JOINS THE ISFMF!". Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "Thousand Years of Peace".