||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Minister without portfolio|
29 June 2017
|Prime Minister||Ana Brnabić|
|Preceded by||Jadranka Joksimović|
30 September 1966 |
(now Bosnia and Herzegovina)
|Political party||Democratic Party of Serbia
Serbian National Party (2014–present)
|Alma mater||University of Belgrade
Moscow State University
Nenad Popović (Serbian Cyrillic: Ненад Поповић, born 30 September 1966) is a Serbian politician and businessman. He serves as the Minister without portfolio of Serbia in charge of innovations and technology from 29 June 2017.
He is a former vice-president of Democratic Party of Serbia, National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia, and President of the parliamentary group of friendship between Serbia and Russia. In 2014, he founded the political party Serbian National Party.
Early years and education
Popović was born in Tuzla on 30 September 1966. He graduated from the University of Belgrade Faculty of Machine Engineering. He finished his Master's and doctoral studies at Moscow State University's Faculty of Economy. He was a professor at the Faculty of Economy of Moscow's Lomonosov University and the Faculty of Economy of the Moscow State Mining University.
Popović is the owner and president of the international company ABS Electro which employs over three thousand people, engaged in the production of electrical-technical equipment, creating advanced engineering solutions for a variety of industries such as electrical power, shipbuilding, oil, gas, metal, mining, and others.
He is the president of the Foundation "Russian Necropolises" from Belgrade, which was responsible for the project of reconstruction of the complex of memorial monuments Russian necropolises in the New Cemetery in Belgrade. Popović is also member of the Board of the International Fun of Unity of Orthodox Nations. As Vice-President of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia, he was one of the main observes of the electoral process in a referendum on annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation.
On 29 June 2017, he was named the Minister without portfolio in the Government of Serbia in the charge of the innovations and technologies. On 3 July 2017, Aleksandr Chepurin, Russian Federation Ambassador to Serbia, made a first official visit to Popović after being sworn as minister.
Awards and honors
- Medal of Holy Sergey Radoniesky, for exceptional contribution to the development and straightening of relations among Christian Orthodox nations, awarded by the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia
- Medal of Holy Daniel of Moscow, for the spiritual renaissance of Russia, awarded by the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia
- Medal of Humanity Award of the State Union Serbia and Montenegro for humanitarian work and exceptional contribution and help to the Serb population in Kosovo and Metohija
- Medal of Friendship, for special contribution to the development of economic and social relationships between Serbia and Russia, awarded by the President of the Russian Federation;
- Medal of the Saint Sava of the Second Grade, for the renewal and strengthening of faith and the Church in Serbia, awarded by the Serbian Patriarch
- "U vladi još jedan ministar bez portfelja – Nenad Popović". politika.rs (in Serbian). Politika. 27 June 2017. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Čepurin prvi gost Nenada Popovića od kako je postao ministar: Za još snažnije odnose Srbije i Rusije". blic.rs (in Serbian). Tanjug. 3 July 2017. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- National Assembly Deputy Speaker Dr Nenad Popovic Signs Declaration of Inter-Parliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy, 29 June 2013
- Nenad Popović on Twitter
|Minister without portfolio of Serbia
|This Serbian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|