This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Created by||Kyle Drake|
|Launched||May 24, 2013|
Neocities (a portmanteau of the prefix neo- and GeoCities) is a free web hosting service. Offering 1 GB of storage space and no server-side scripting, the service's expressed goal is to revive the support of "creativity and free expression" provided by GeoCities before its partial shutdown. Neocities offers many more services for $5 per month.
Kyle Drake started Neocities in 2013. In November 2016 Neocities reported that it had over 101,300 websites on its server. The service has also launched an experimental implementation of IPFS.
- Neal, Meghan. "Neocities Is Recreating the Garish, Web 1.0 Creativity of Geocities | Motherboard". Vice. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Neocities — The Free Place to Code Your Own Site from Scratch". Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Neocities Wants to Save Us From the Crushing Boredom of Social Networking". Wired. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "The Official NeoCities Blog". neocities.org.
- "Neocities". Neocities - neocities.org.
- "Neocities and the Permanent Web". Neocities.
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|