This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||Euronext: NEO
CAC Mid 60 Component
|Denis Thiery (Chairman and CEO)|
|Revenue||€1.096 billion (2013)|
|€262.5 million (2013)|
|Profit||€164 million (2013)|
|Total assets||€2.579 billion (end 2013)|
|Total equity||€769.6 million (end 2013)|
Number of employees
|6,000 (end 2013)|
Neopost is a manufacturer of postage meter and mailroom equipment. Neopost was founded in 1924 as a manufacturer of postage meters. Neopost has acquired several leading software development companies in the fields of customer communications management (CCM), address and data quality, and multi-carrier shipping solutions.
- Postage meters
- Franking machines
- Folder inserters
- Printing services
- Incoming systems
- Software and online services
- Document management system
- Business services
- Stamping services
- 1924 Founding of Neopost Limited (United Kingdom)
- 1929 Founding of SMH, Société des Machines Havas (France)
- 1930 Acquisition of Neopost by Roneo (United Kingdom)
- 1935 Creation of Neopost brand name (United Kingdom)
- 1970 Acquisition by C.G.E. of SMH-Adrex (France)
- 1979 Acquisition by C.G.E. of Friden (United States)
- 1980 Acquisition by C.G.E. of Roneo and Hadewe (United Kingdom and Netherlands)
- 1981 Attached to Alcatel, subsidiary of C.G.E. (France)
- 1992 Foundation of Neopost Group
- 1997 A group of investors, advised by BC Partners and in association with management, took control of Neopost
- 1999 Neopost was floated on the Premier Marché of Euronext Paris on 23 February at a price of €15 per share
- 2002 Acquisition of Stielow and Hasler (Germany and Switzerland)
- 2005 Acquisition of BTA Digital Works, software solutions
- 2003 Neopost completed the integration of companies acquired in 2002, sold Stielow’s non-core label printing and print finishing businesses, and strengthened its operating structures
- 2006 To enhance its international profile, the Group adopted a new visual identity and tagline "We value your mail" at the beginning of 2006.
- 2007 Acquisition of PFE, worldwide supplier of high volume folder-inserters and Valipost
- 2008 Acquisition of RENA, addressing systems supplier and NBG-ID, integrator of RFID solution
- 2009 Neopost enhanced its service offering with the acquisition of Satori Software, one of the world market leaders in postal address quality management tools
- 2009 Neopost enhanced its position in Scandinavia with the acquisition of Kontur Documents Systems (Suède) and Scani (Denmark)
- 2011 Acquisition of GBC – Fordigraph, the leading Australian distributor of document finishing and mailing solutions
- 2012 Acquisition of GMC Software Technology – a Swiss-based leading provider of Customer Communication Management solutions
- 2012 Acquisition of Human Inference – a Dutch provider of Contact Data Quality Solutions
- 2013 Acquisition of DMTI Spatial – a Canadian provider of Location-Based Data Quality Solutions
- 2014 Acquisition of Data Capture Solutions Ltd - document management business which was facilitated by Acuity Advisors Limited in the UK
Research and development
Neopost dedicates between 4 and 5% of its revenue to research and development every year.
More than 300 people, who come from various cultures and fields of expertise, work on future generations of systems, software, infrastructures and networks linked to mail management.
During the past decade environmental regulations have been tightened in many areas, particularly for all manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, such as Neopost. These regulations include:
- Restrictions on the use of hazardous substances (ROHS)
- Controls on the use of chemical substances (REACH)
- Reduction in the consumption of energy (Energy Star and ErP)
- Proper control over products and their waste at the end of their service life (WEEE)
All production sites and distribution subsidiaries have ISO 14001 certification with respect to environmental performance and OHSAS 18001 with respect to health and safety.
Neopost has created an eco-design guide that lays out rules for environmentally friendly design for every new project by all its research and development entities.
The IS mailing systems range is the first resulting from this new scheme. Its performance has been improved substantially compared with the previous generation: 10% reduction in materials used in production, 40% reduction in machine weight and 50% reduction in electricity usage in standby mode.
The Eco Label specification defines environmental performance standard for Neopost hardware products, including Document Systems, Postage Meters, Address Printers, and any other hardware products sold by Neopost.
The Eco Label specification includes key concepts to achieve reduction or elimination of environmental impacts. This includes the use of environmentally sensitive material, material selection and raw material consideration, weight reduction, packaging, energy conservation, life cycle extension (also called remanufacturing), end-of-life management.
Neopost Labs has been created in 2014 by Philippe Boulanger, the Chief Technology Officer of Neopost, to support the open innovation strategy of Neopost Group. Neopost Labs is in connection with the entire startups ecosystem, including accelerators, incubators and investment funds.
- Annual report 2013
- "About Neopost". Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Neopost Acquires GMC Software Technology, a Leader in the Field of Customer Communication Management". Archived from the original on 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Neopost Acquires Human Inference, One of the European Leaders in Data Quality". Retrieved 2015-08-18.[dead link]
- "Neopost acquires Canadian data services provider DMTI Spatial". Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- Acuity Advisors DCS Press Release