This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Technology news and discussion|
|Owner||Neowin LLC (40% owned by Stardock)|
|Alexa rank||10,352 (As of 27 January 2019[update])|
Neowin is a technology news website. Editorial focus is predominantly on Microsoft-related news, but the site also offers analysis and reporting on mobile news, tech trends, gadgets and new technological developments, as well as in-depth product reviews.
Neowin began as a hobby in October 2000 by Marcel Klum and Steven Parker & Lee Logan, known within the forums as "Redmak" "Neobond" & "Cr1t1cal" respectively, reporting news about the Windows XP alpha and beta releases (then known as "Windows Codename Whistler").
The website offers news, technology reviews, and opinion articles, as well as an IRC server and forums. Over 345,000 users have registered for the forums, making over 11,000,000 posts as of June 2016. Two projects initiated by members of the Neowin community include a community game server for Team Fortress 2 and a Folding@home team.
- Parker, Steven (2008-05-12). "Stardock's relationship with Neowin and its criticizers". Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- "Neowin.net Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2019-01-27.
- "CRN Blogs - CRN". CRN. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- "Microsoft offer cheap Windows 7 for students - Windows 7 Password".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-02-17. Retrieved 2008-11-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Windows 2000 & Windows NT 4 Source Code Leaks". Slashdot. 2004-02-12. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Neowin welcomes its 250,000th member sign up - Neowin Forums". Neowin.net. 2010-07-05. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Meet the Neowinian: Neowin joins Team Fortress 2". Neowin.net. 2010-06-20. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|