Type of site
|Technology news and discussion|
|Owner||Neowin LLC (40% owned by Stardock)|
|5,857 (Jun 2015[update])|
Neowin is a technology news website. Editorial focus is predominantly on Microsoft-related news,  but the site also offers analysis and reporting on mobile news, tech trends, gadgets and new technological developments, as well as in-depth product reviews.
Neowin began as a hobby in October 2000 by Marcel Klum and Steven Parker, known within the forums as "Redmak" and "Neobond" respectively, reporting news about the Windows XP alpha and beta releases (then known as "Windows Codename Whistler").
The website offers news, technology reviews, and opinion articles, as well as an IRC server and forums. Over 250,000 users have registered for the forums, making over 10,000,000 posts as of April 2011. Two projects initiated by members of the Neowin community include a community game server for Team Fortress 2 and a Folding@home team.
Neowin features a vast forum of diverse topics ranging from Microsoft, Apple, gaming, general discussion and more. Neowin's forums are heavily monitored by moderators and feature stringent rules.
- Parker, Steven (2008-05-12). "Stardock's relationship with Neowin and its criticizers". Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- "Neowin.net Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- "Windows 2000 & Windows NT 4 Source Code Leaks". Slashdot. 2004-02-12. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Neowin welcomes its 250,000th member sign up - Neowin Forums". Neowin.net. 2010-07-05. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Meet the Neowinian: Neowin joins Team Fortress 2". Neowin.net. 2010-06-20. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Neowin.net" SimilarWeb. Retrieved 2015-6-28.