Nepal Standard Time
(Redirected from Nepal Time)
|Nepal Standard Time|
|13:36, 31 March 2023 NPT [refresh]|
Nepal Standard Time (NPT) is the time zone for Nepal. With a time offset from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) of UTC+05:45 all over Nepal, it is one of only three time zones with a 45-minute offset from UTC.[n 1]
NPT is an approximation of Kathmandu mean time, which is 5:41:16 ahead of UTC. The standard meridian passes through the peak of Gaurishankar mountain about 100 kilometres (62 mi) east of Kathmandu.
Nepal used local solar time until 1920, in Kathmandu UTC+05:41:16. In 1920, Nepal adopted Indian Standard Time, UTC+05:30. In 1986 Nepal advanced their clocks by 15 minutes, giving them a time zone of UTC+05:45.
- ^ "A Brief Legal History of Time: Part One of Two". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 15 April 2019.
- ^ a b Gurung, Trishna. "15 minutes of fame". Nepali Times. Archived from the original on 25 July 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- ^ "Half Hour and 45-Minute Time Zones". www.timeanddate.com.
- ^ "Time Zone & Clock Changes in Kathmandu, Nepal". www.timeanddate.com.
- ^ The others are Chatham Island Standard Time, with an offset of UTC+12:45, and the unofficial Australian Central Western Time, with an offset of UTC+08:45.
- Nepali Time & calendar for both PC & Web
- Nepali calendar
- Nepali Time
- Nepali Time
- Nepali Time and Date with Calendar
- Current time in Nepal
- Nepali Date Today