|Elevation AMSL||540 ft / 165 m|
Nepalgunj Airport (IATA: KEP, ICAO: VNNG) is an airport serving Nepalgunj (also spelled Nepalganj), a Sub-Metropolitan Municipality in Banke District of Province No. 5 in Nepal. The airport is capable of handling aircraft from the Nepalese Army Air Service.
The airport has been in service since 1961. In land area it is the second largest airport in Nepal, after TIA. It also has the second greatest number of aircraft and passenger movements. After the introduction of FK-100 jet aircraft, passenger movement at this airport increased by 13.39% in 2005 (up to November) against the figure in the year 2004.
Recently, the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN) has permitted Flying Dragon Airlines, a joint venture company of Nepal and China, to operate remote areas of mid - and far - western development region with operating base at this airport.
website : www.nepalgunjairport.com.np
- Apron Capacity - 2 HS-748, 2 DHC-6
- Services - Air Traffic Control service Flight Information Service
- RFF - Category V
- Design Aircraft - HS-748, ATR 42, Saab 340
Airlines and destinations
|Nepal Airlines||Bajhang, Bajura, Dolpa, Jumla, Rukumkot, Simikot, Talcha|
|Sita Air||Dang, Kathmandu|
|Tara Air||Bajura, Dolpa, Jumla, Talcha, Simikot|
- Airport information for VNNG from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for Nepalgunj (Nepalganj), Nepal (VNNG / KEP) at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Flight schedule". Buddha Air. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "Schedule Effective from 15 May, 2010 to 30 October, 2010". Nepal Airlines. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "Destinations". Sita Air. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "Scheduled flights". Yeti Airlines. Retrieved 6 June 2010.