Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road
|Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road|
Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road Key Visual
(Neppu Kairiku Bushirōdo)
|Genre||Mecha, Action, Adventure, Chanbara|
|Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road Side: Suou|
|Original run||October 2013 – ongoing|
|Directed by||Masayuki Sakoi|
|Produced by||Takāki Kidani (Executive producer, Bushiroad)|
|Written by||Sayaka Harada
|Music by||Yasuharu Takanashi|
|Studio||Kinema Citrus, Orange|
|Released||December 31, 2013|
Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road (Japanese: 熱風海陸ブシロード Hepburn: Neppu Kairiku Bushi Rōdo?) is a Japanese media franchise that was originally announced in 2003 as a collaboration between the companies Gainax, Takara and Broccoli. After the death of story creator Sunao Yoshida and the departure of other staff members the project was put on hiatus, but was eventually restarted by Bushiroad in March 2013 with Bushiroad's president Takāki Kidani as executive producer.
The franchise will also be part of Bushiroad's new trading card game Five Qross, alongside Fantasista Doll and IS (Infinite Stratos). A manga series was serialized in Jive's shōnen manga magazine Comic Rush from December 2004 to July 2007. A spin-off manga series titled Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road Side: Suou began serialization in Bushiroad's Bushiroad Monthly magazine from October 2013.
The story takes place in a time when the world is in the pits of despair after being ravaged by a poison called "shinobi" that came to earth via an asteroid. The people run away to the place called "Kairiku," a place that used to be the bottom of the ocean. Here, the people try and protect themselves against the effects of the poison. In such a world, there was a single light of hope. The "Holy Weapon Giga Road" and the legendary warrior "Yagyuu" are needed in order to counter the effects of the poison. Ame, a princess of a fallen nation, stands up in order to save the world.
- Ame (アメ?)
- Voiced by: Megumi Han
- A former princess/priestess of the country Ise.
- Her mother is dead because of a shinobi. She travels with companions and a key to finding a weapon built by men who put an end to the shinobi. She has romantic feelings for Suou. She disappeared in the end.
- Yagyū Suō (スオウ?)
- Voiced by: KENN
He is a Yagyuu, the last of its kind. On the verge of death, he meets Ame who saves him and he decides to follow her. He has romantic feelings for Ame.
- Sanda (サンダ?)
- Voiced by: Unshō Ishizuka
- A swordsman working under Ame.
- Tsukiyomi (ツキヨミ?)
- Voiced by: Shūta Morishima
- A scholar from Ise, who was supposedly dead, but is alive for a mysterious reason.
- Shin Kazusa (カズサ＝シン?)
- Voiced by: Kōsuke Toriumi
- The young leader of the country Tōra.
- Hinata Hashiba (ハシバ＝ヒナタ?)
- Voiced by: Tomo Saeki
- A female officer working under Shin.
- Kagato Maeda (マエダ＝カガト?)
- Voiced by: Chihiro Suzuki
- A male officer working under Shin.
- Hana (ハナ?)
- Voiced by: Izumi Kitta
- Yuzu (ユズ?)
- Voiced by: Sora Tokui
- Rin (リン?)
- Voiced by: Suzuko Mimori
- Eri (エリ?)
- Voiced by: Mikoi Sasaki
- Ame's mother (アメの母 Ame no haha?)
- Voiced by: Miki Itō
- Sonchō (村長?)
- Voiced by: Susumi Akagi
- "Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road's Anime's 2nd Promo Video Reveals Air Date". Anime News Network. November 6, 2013. Retrieved November 17, 2013.
- "Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road Project Restarts as Fall TV Anime". Anime News Network. July 23, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.