Nerd Corps Entertainment
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Division of DHX Media|
|Fate||acquired by DHX Media in 2014, merged with DHX Media Vancouver in 2016|
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Ken Faier President|
Asaph Fipke C.E.O.
Chuck Johnson C.O.O.
|Parent||DHX Media (2014–present)|
Nerd Corps Entertainment Inc. is the former name of a 3D computer animation studio located in British Columbia, Canada. Founded by former Mainframe Entertainment producers Asaph Fipke and Chuck Johnson in 2002, the company was acquired by DHX Media on December 24, 2014. As of 2016, the Nerd Corps name has been phased out in favour of the generic DHX Media name.
The studio is best known for producing the animated series Slugterra and Storm Hawks and League of Super Evil. They are also known for producing and developing all aspects of their television properties in-house, including promotional materials and creative services for merchandising and licensing partners. On December 24, 2014, Canadian company DHX Media acquired Nerd Corps. In 2016, DHX Media merged Nerd Corps with DHX Media Vancouver (formerly known as Studio B Productions) to form DHX Studios Vancouver. The former Nerd Corps portion of DHX Studios Vancouver focuses on CGI animated series, while the other focuses on 2D animated series.
- Dragon Booster (2004–2006)
- Storm Hawks (2007–2009)
- League of Super Evil (2009–2012)
- Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 (2009–2011)
- Rated A for Awesome (2011–2012)
- Slugterra (2012–2016) (Co-produced with DHX Media for Family Chrgd)
- Monster High (2012–2016) (movies only, Co-produced with Mattel)
- Max Steel (2013–2016)
- Kate & Mim-Mim (2014–present) (Co-produced with FremantleMedia Kids and Family) appears on Disney Junior
- Slugterra: Ghoul from Beyond (2014) (Co-produced with Disney XD Canada)
- Slugterra: Return of the Elementals (2014) (Co-produced with DHX Media, Shout Factory, Screenvision and Cineplex)
- Blaze and the Monster Machines (season 1) (2014–present)
- Slugterra: Slug Fu Showdown (2015) (Co-produced with DHX Media)
- Endangered Species (2015)
- Slugterra: Eastern Caverns (2015) (Co-produced with DHX Media and eOne Entertainment)
- Slugterra: Into the Shadows (2016)
- Rev & Rumble (2019) (Co-produced with Alpha Group Co., Ltd.)
- The Deep (2015–present) (Co-produced with DHX Media and Technicolor SA)
- Mega Man: Fully Charged (2018–present) (Co-produced with DHX Media, Capcom and Dentsu Entertainment USA)
- Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu (2019-present) (Co-produced with The Lego Group)
- Vlessing, Etan (December 2, 2014). "Canada's DHX Media to Acquire Cartoon Maker Nerd Corps". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "About". Nerd Corps Entertainment. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Canada's DHX Media to Acquire Nerd Corps". Toonzone. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Beck, Jerry. "Shout Factory to Release "Slugterra" Theatrical Feature i | Animation Scoop". Blogs.indiewire.com. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- "Showtimes". Cineplex.com. 2015-04-06. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|