Nero Multimedia Suite
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nero 10 running under Windows 7
|Operating system||Windows XP with Service Pack 3
Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or higher
Windows 7 with Service Pack 1Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32/64-bit)
Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)
|Available in||English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish|
|License||Proprietary commercial software|
- Blu-ray playback
- Blu-ray disc ripping and conversion
- Video editing in Ultra-HD (since version 2014)
- Additional video, transition and picture-in-picture effects
- Additional film templates and disc menu templates
- Disc authoring and copying
- Nero Burning ROM: a well-known optical disc authoring program for CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays by Nero AG and one of its first products. The product is also available separately. It includes several functions for audio format conversion, the creation of audio CDs, etc.. As of version 2015, Nero AirBurn App and Nero Burning ROM enable users to burn media via their mobile devices.
- Nero Express: a simplified version of Nero Burning ROM targeted at novices. The Nero AirBurn app does not work with Nero Express.
- Video editing and creating of video discs
- Nero Video: is a software tool for creating and editing videos. It combines editing tools (including the addition of effects, music and themes) and video export as well as DVD and Blu-ray authoring. The product provides simple editing functions for novices (in Express mode) as well as advanced video editing (Advanced mode). It is available separately as a download.
- Data conversion
- Nero Recode: converts video and audio files as well as non-copyright-protected video DVDs and Blu-Rays into multiple video formats.
- Nero Disc to Device is an easy-to-use application for converting video discs and audio CDs for playback on mobile devices or in the cloud.
- Nero MediaHome enables users to manage and play their images, videos and music files. Alongside ripping and the creation of playlists and slideshows, MediaHome includes features that let users sort their media, including tagging, face recognition system in photos, geo location support and manual geotagging for photos and videos. Streaming to TVs and home media players is also included. Starting with Version 2015, users can stream media directly to their mobile devices (iOS, Android, Amazon) with the Nero MediaHome Receiver App. Nero MediaHome is also available with limited functionality as a free download from nero.com.
- Nero Media Browser: simple tools for retrieving media content. It makes the Nero MediaHome media library also available to non-Nero programs using simple drag and drop.
- Nero Blu-ray Player (only in the Platinum version.): media player for Blu-ray discs
- Data rescue
- Nero RescueAgent: helps users to recover files from damaged or partially unreadable media (discs, hard disks, USB thumb drives and flash drives) and to restore files that were accidentally deleted.
- Nero BackItUp: a system backup utility. It was integral part of Nero 6, 7,8,10 and 11 suites. With the introduction of Nero 9 Nero BackItUp 4 became a standalone backup product, while its successor, Nero BackItUp 5, was the main application of Nero BackItUp & Burn  Later, the product was re-integrated into Nero Multimedia Suite 10 and is now included in Nero 11. The product can also be purchased separately.
- Free Tools
The following components were part of the suite until Version 11. They are now available for download separately and are free of charge.
- Nero CoverDesigner: enables users to design and print disc covers and labels
- Nero BurnRights: enables administrators to provide other users with access to drives
- Nero DiscSpeed: a disc speed measurement and performance diagnostics tool
- Nero WaveEditor: an audio editing tool capable of recording, editing, filtering, and exporting music files.
- Nero SoundTrax: a tool for recording, mixing and digitizing music tracks.
- Nero InCD Reader 5: this tools enables users to read CDs created with InCD
- Nero SecurDisc Viewer: this tool enables users to read discs created with SecurDisc.
Notes and references
- "History of Nero AG". Nero AG Official Website. Nero AG. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Lextrait, Vincent (July 2010). "The Programming Languages Beacon, v10.3". Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "Nero 2015 – System Requirements". Nero AG website. Nero AG. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Languages supported by Nero 10". Nero AG Official Website. Nero AG. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- "Nero introduces Nero 2015 for burning via smartphone, WiFi streaming & more". Nero Press Releases (Karlsbad, Germany: Nero AG). 17 September 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Nero 15 Classic Features". Nero AG Official Website. Nero AG. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Whats new in Nero 15 Suite Platinum". Nero AG Official Website. Nero AG. Retrieved 2015-01-20.
- "Nero Media Home Free Download". Nero AG Official Website. Nero AG. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Nero 7 Manuals -> Nero BackItUp 2". Nero AG Official Website. Nero AG. 2007-03-19. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
- "Nero 8 Manuals -> Nero BackItUp 3". Nero AG Official Website. Nero AG. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
- "Nero - Nero BackItUp 4 Introduction". Nero AG Official Website. Nero AG. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
- "Nero Free Downloads". Nero AG Official Website. Nero AG. Retrieved 2015-03-19.