Nesla Glacier (Bulgarian: ледник Несла, ‘Lednik Nesla’ \'led-nik 'nes-la\) is the 6.2 km long and 2 km wide glacier on Magnier Peninsula, Graham Coast on the west side of Antarctic Peninsula, situated southwest of Muldava Glacier and north of Kolosh Glacier. It drains the west slopes of Lisiya Ridge west of Mount Perchot, and flows westwards into Bigo Bay next north of the terminus of Kolosh Glacier.
The glacier is named after the settlement of Nesla in Western Bulgaria.
- British Antarctic Territory. Scale 1:200000 topographic map. DOS 610 Series, Sheet W 65 64. Directorate of Overseas Surveys, Tolworth, UK, 1971.
- Antarctic Digital Database (ADD). Scale 1:250000 topographic map of Antarctica. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), 1993–2016.
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
- Nesla Glacier. SCAR Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica
- Nesla Glacier. Copernix satellite image
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Graham Coast location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This glaciology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|