|Engineering Consulting firm|
|Founder||Dr. Rao Afrasiab Khan|
|Headquarters||Lahore, Punjab Province, Pakistan|
Number of locations
|Muhammad Younus Dagha, Government of Pakistan
Amjad A. Khan
Board of Governors
(Ministry of Water and Power)
|Revenue||Rs 9.04 billion(2014–2015)|
|Owner||Government of Pakistan|
Number of employees
The National Engineering Services Pakistan (trading name: NESPAK), is a Pakistani multinational state-owned corporation which provides consulting, construction, and management services globally. It is one of the largest engineering consultant management companies in Africa and Asia. The company's headquarters' is located in Lahore with office's in Riyadh, Muscat, Tehran, Kabul, Doha and London.
As of 2016, NESPAK has been contracted to carry out 3,642 projects out of which 3,116 are domestic and 526 are overseas projects with the cumulative cost of projects at $243 billion. Among its projects include $1.65 billion Lahore Metro, $4 billion Neelum–Jhelum Project, $800 million New Islamabad Airport, $893 million expansion of Salalah Airport and the $500 million Farah River Dam Project. NESPAK is also managing the supervision of $128 million 15 small dams' project in Western Saudi Arabia and the Obudu Dam project in Nigeria.
Founded in 1973 by the Government of Pakistan, it undertaken the operations in the country and expanded its operational scope in Central Asia and Africa with completing more than 450 projects worldwide. NESPAK is registered with a number of international funding agencies such as IBRD, ADB, IDB, etc. To date, NESPAK has undertaken 3651 projects, of which 3125 have been domestic and 526 have been overseas projects located in Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Benin, Cameroon, Chad, Dominica, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Republic of Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, UAE and Uzbekistan.
The cumulative cost of the projects undertaken by NESPAK is US$243 billion. It is headquartered at NESPAK House, Model Town Lahore. It works side by side with WAPDA,NHA,FWO in various fields of infrastructure and energy projects in Pakistan. It is one of the best world-renowned organisations of Pakistan. Every Government Project has something to do with NESPAK at some time of its implementation or planning.
The company is managed by a board of directors comprising a chairman, a managing director, and eleven other directors. The day-to-day functions of the company are looked after by the managing director assisted by the executive vice-presidents and vice-presidents/division. Various divisions headed by vice-presidents/general managers are broadly divided into project management and speciality groups. The project management divisions are responsible for management of projects, and the speciality divisions are centres of excellence for various disciplines.
NESPAK provides services in the following sectors:
- Water Resources Development and Dam Engineering
- Architecture and Planning
- Public Health Engineering
- Oil, Gas and Petrochemical
- Information Technology (IT) and GIS
- Structure Design
- Construction Management
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Field of Specialization
NESPAK specialises in the fields of power and mechanical; water and agriculture; architecture and planning; highways, bridges, airports and seaports; environmental and public health engineering; engineering for industry; heating, ventilation and air-conditioning; information technology and geographical information systems (GIS).
At present, NESPAK has a staff strength of 5314 employees including 3964 highly qualified engineers, architects, planners, geologists, economists and other professionals.
- Government of Pakistan. "Board of Directors of NESPAK". Government of Pakistan. NESPAK (BoG). Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- Ministry of Water and Power. "Introduction". Government of Pakistan. National Engineering Services Pakistan (NESPAK). Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "Auditors raise objections against NESPAK MD – The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 9 December 2015. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "NESPAK :: Offices". www.nespak.com.pk. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "Nespak enters European market". The Nation. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "Introduction to NESPAK". www.nespak.com.pk. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "Breakthrough in Afghanistan: NESPAK awarded $500m Bakhshabad Dam project – The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 27 February 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "Orange Line construction: Safety plan in place: LDA – The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "NESPAK chief inspects Orange Train Project". Pakistan Observer. 13 March 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "NESPAK in Saudi Arabia".
- "International projects: NESPAK to build dam in Nigeria – The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 23 November 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2016.