Sorry, You Can't Get Through!
|Sorry, You Can't Get Through!|
(Nessun messaggio in segreteria)
|Directed by||Paolo Genovese|
|Produced by||Anna Falchi|
|Written by||Paolo Genovese|
|Starring||Carlo Delle Piane|
Walter is a lonely pensioner still full of energy and imagination; convinced by a newspaper article that for every young man who works there is an elderly person who stays at home, Walter decides to go and find this young man, and to help him by hanging around. Helped by little Sara, his only friend and ally, and mocked by a cynical doorkeeper, Walter picks Piero, a tireless but shy worker.
Walter enters Piero's life in an overbearing way, without asking permission; he turns the young man's life upside down but teaches him a new perspective from which to look at himself and the world, as well as techniques to conquer Francesca, Sara's single mother who is disappointed by men, and with whom Piero has fallen in love. Piero first tries to completely change his lifestyle, playing the role of a strong and exuberant man, capable of conquering the woman he loves with a snap of his fingers, but later realizes that this facade causes him suffering rather than joy, even though he has won Francesca's heart. Piero then confesses this to her through a romantic letter.
- Carlo Delle Piane as Walter
- Pierfrancesco Favino as Piero (shy)
- Valerio Mastandrea as Piero (extrovert)
- Nicole Murgia as Sara
- Lorenza Indovina as Francesca
- Anna Falchi as Sonia
- Gianfranco Funari as Himself
- Antonio Tricomi (11 March 2004). "Miniero, film per ridere amaro sulle pensioni". La Repubblica. Retrieved 23 February 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Paolo D' Agostini (5 May 2004). "I trentenni del cinema italiano poco cinefili e dalla parte dei cattivi". La Repubblica. Retrieved 23 February 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Giovanna Grassi (27 April 2005). "Anna Falchi Delle Piane insieme al cinema: risate sulla solitudine". Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 23 February 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)