Crunch (chocolate bar)
Parts of this article (those related to the mold of the bar) need to be updated.March 2015)(
Crunch, known outside the U.S. as Nestlé Crunch, is a chocolate bar made of milk chocolate and crisped rice. It is produced globally by Nestlé with the exception of the United States, where it is produced under license by the Ferrara Candy Company, a subsidiary of Ferrero.
Nestlé Crunch was first sold in 1938.
In January 2018, Nestlé announced plans to sell its U.S. confectionery brands (including the U.S. rights to Crunch) to Italian chocolatier Ferrero SpA, maker of Nutella, for US$2.8 billion. Ferrero folded the acquired brands into the operations of the Ferrara Candy Company and will increase investment in marketing into 2020.
Besides the chocolate bar, Nestlé also produces or licenses other Crunch products:
- Buncha Crunch are candy pieces made of milk chocolate with crisped rice mixed in. Released in 1994, they were originally only sold exclusively in movie theaters, but as of May 2012, they have become available in most grocery stores.
- Crunch White is a candy bar made with white chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
- Crunch Ice Cream Bars have a firm, vanilla-flavoured ice cream center, surrounded by a milk chocolate coating with crisped rice mixed in.
- Crunch with Caramel is a candy bar made with milk chocolate and crisped rice mixed in, containing a caramel center.
- Crunch with Peanuts is a limited edition candy bar made with milk chocolate and crisped rice mixed in, containing peanuts.
- Dark Crunch with Caramel is a limited edition candy bar made with dark chocolate and crisped rice mixed in, containing a caramel center.
- Crunch Stixx is a variant of Crunch, which consists of wafers and Crunch Candy Creme
- Crunch Dark Stixx is a variant of Crunch, which consists of wafers and Crunch Dark Candy Creme
- Crunch Dark and Buncha Crunch Dark consisted of crisped rice and dark chocolate. Crunch Dark was available in single-bar packages. Bunch Crunch Dark was available in resealable stand-up bags and concession box sizes. The products were launched in collaboration with Candytopia. These products were available for a limited time, through July 2018.
- Crunch Mocha is a discontinued candy bar made with mocha instead of milk chocolate.
- Crunch Crisp is a full size candy bar made with wafers and chocolate creme.
- Crunch Cereal is chocolate breakfast cereal with crispy rice and wheat clusters.
- YoCrunch brand yogurt features Crunch mix-ins in both Strawberry and Vanilla yogurt flavors. The pieces themselves resemble Buncha Crunch.
- Crunchettes "Bite Size" Pieces of Crunch.
- "FERRERO TO ACQUIRE NESTLÉ'S U.S. CONFECTIONARY BUSINESS". Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- Wilbur, T. (1994). More Top Secret Recipes: More Fabulous Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods. Penguin Publishing Group. p. 70. ISBN 978-1-101-63985-6. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "Nestle to sell US confectionery business". 2018-01-17. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- confectionerynews.com. "As Kellogg-Keebler deal closes, Ferrara poised to reach $3bn in sales". confectionerynews.com. Retrieved 2019-06-16.
- Applegate, E. (2005). Strategic Copywriting: How to Create Effective Advertising. Strategic Copywriting: How to Create Effective Advertising. Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 34–35. ISBN 978-0-7425-3067-6.
- "Nestlé Crunch Dark". Convenience Store News. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nestlé Crunch.|
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|