Crunch (chocolate bar)
Parts of this article (those related to the mold of the bar) need to be updated.March 2015)(
Crunch, formerly Nestlé Crunch, is a chocolate bar made of milk chocolate and crisped rice. It is produced by the Ferrara Candy Company, a subsidiary of Ferrero. It is similar to a Krackel bar, which was introduced by The Hershey Company in 1938.
Nestlé Crunch was first introduced to market in 1928.
On September 11, 1994, Nestlé Crunch was Nestlé's best-selling candy bar in the United States.
In January 2018, Nestlé announced plans to sell its U.S. confectionery brands (including Crunch) to Italian chocolatier Ferrero SpA, maker of Nutella, for $2.8 Billion dollars. Ferrero folded the acquired brands into the operations of the Ferrara Candy Company and will increase investment in marketing into 2020.
Besides the chocolate bar, Nestlé also produced other Nestlé Crunch products:
- Buncha Crunch are candy pieces made of milk chocolate with crisped rice mixed in. Released in 1994, they were originally only sold exclusively in movie theaters, but as of May 2012, they have become available in most grocery stores.
- Nestlé Crunch White is a candy bar made with white chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
- Nestlé Crunch Ice Cream Bars have a firm, vanilla-flavoured ice cream center, surrounded by a milk chocolate coating with crisped rice mixed in.
- Nestlé Crunch with Caramel is a candy bar made with milk chocolate and crisped rice mixed in, containing a caramel center.
- Nestlé Crunch with Peanuts is a limited edition candy bar made with milk chocolate and crisped rice mixed in, containing peanuts.
- Dark Nestlé Crunch with Caramel is a limited edition candy bar made with dark chocolate and crisped rice mixed in, containing a caramel center.
- Nestlé Crunch Stixx is a variant of Nestlé Crunch, which consists of wafers and Nestlé Crunch Candy Creme
- Nestlé Crunch Dark Stixx is a variant of Nestlé Crunch, which consists of wafers and Nestlé Crunch Dark Candy Creme
- Nestlé Crunch Dark and Buncha Crunch Dark consisted of crisped rice and dark chocolate. Nestlé Crunch Dark was available in single-bar packages. Bunch Crunch Dark was available in resealable stand-up bags and concession box sizes. The products were launched incollaboration with Candytopia. These products were available for a limited time, through July 2018.
- Nestlé Crunch Mocha is a discontinued candy bar made with mocha instead of milk chocolate.
- Nestlé Crunch Crisp is a full size candy bar made with wafers and chocolate creme.
- Nestlé Crunch Cereal is chocolate breakfast cereal with crispy rice and wheat clusters.
- YoCrunch brand yogurt features Crunch mix-ins in both Strawberry and Vanilla yogurt flavors. The pieces themselves resemble Buncha Crunch.
- Nestlé Nestlés Crunchettes "Bite Size" Pieces of Nestlé's Crunch.
- "Products". www.crunchbar.com. Retrieved 2019-06-16.
- Wilbur, T. (1994). More Top Secret Recipes: More Fabulous Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods. Penguin Publishing Group. p. 70. ISBN 978-1-101-63985-6. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "Nestle to sell US confectionery business". 2018-01-17. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- confectionerynews.com. "As Kellogg-Keebler deal closes, Ferrara poised to reach $3bn in sales". confectionerynews.com. Retrieved 2019-06-16.
- Applegate, E. (2005). Strategic Copywriting: How to Create Effective Advertising. Strategic Copywriting: How to Create Effective Advertising. Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 34–35. ISBN 978-0-7425-3067-6.
- "Nestlé Crunch Dark". Convenience Store News. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nestlé Crunch.|
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|