|Administrative region||West Macedonia|
|• Municipality||616.1 km2 (237.9 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||336.3 km2 (129.8 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||1,700 m (5,600 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||900 m (3,000 ft)|
|• Municipality density||4.3/km2 (11/sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||1,411|
|• Municipal unit density||4.2/km2 (11/sq mi)|
|• Population||964 (2011)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||520 51|
Nestorio (Greek: Νεστόριο, Nestório; Macedonian: Нестрам (Nestram); Bulgarian: Нѐсрам (Nesram)) is a village and a municipality in the Kastoria regional unit of Macedonia, Greece. Nestorio is approximately 28 km southwestwards of Kastoria, at the banks of the river Aliakmon.
The municipality Nestorio was formed at the 2011 local government reform by the merger of the following 4 former municipalities, that became municipal units:
The municipality has an area of 616.072 km2, the municipal unit 336.326 km2.
The municipal unit of Nestorio is divided into the following communities:
The area was ruled by the Ottoman Empire until the Balkan Wars of 1912-13, in the late 19th and early 20th century as part of Manastir Vilayet. Nestorio had 2,700 inhabitants in the beginning of the 20th century and most of them were slavophone (Slavic speaking) orthodox Christians and a few of them Vlachs. In the early 20th century the majority of the inhabitants of Nestorio accepted the rule of the Bulgarian Exarchate. According to the statistics of Vasil Kanchov (Macedonia. Ethnography and Statistics) the inhabitants of Nestorio in 1900 were Bulgarians. Nestorio, along with the rest of southern Macedonia, was incorporated into Greece in 1913 following the Balkan Wars.
The village holds an annual rock festival in late-July, called 'River Party'. River Party started in 1978. The bands come from the Greek rock scene, especially from Athens and Thessaloniki and with foreign guests, including from the wider region.
People born in Nestorio
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Ethnographie des Vilayets d'Adrianople, de Monastir et de Salonique, Constantinople, 1878. OCLC 12139947.
- „Македония и Одринско. Статистика на населението от 1873 г.“ Македонски научен институт, София, 1995, с. 110-111.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- Васил Кънчов. „Македония. Етнография и статистика“. София, 1900, c. 266. (Kanchov, Vasil. Macedonia — ethnography and statistics, Sofia, 1900, p. 266.
- River Party website (Partially Greek)
- Ξεκινά σήμερα το 31ο River Party στο Νεστόριο της Καστοριάς (Greek)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nestorio.|