The PlayStation Portable's web browser uses NetFront.
|Developer(s)||Access Co., Ltd.|
|Engine||NetFront, WebKit (some versions)|
|Operating system||Linux (Access Linux Platform, Android, Qtopia, GTK+, etc.), Symbian (S60 and UIQ), Garnet OS, REX OS (BREW), VxWorks, Nucleus, ITRON, OS-9, OSE|
|Platform||Windows CE, Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, Kindle, Nintendo Switch, Sega Dreamcast|
NetFront Browser is a mobile browser developed by Access Company of Japan. The first version shipped in 1995. They currently have several browser variants, both Chromium-based and WebKit-based.
Over its lifetime, various versions of NetFront have been deployed on mobile phones, multifunction printers, digital TVs, set-top boxes, PDAs, web phones, game consoles, e-mail terminals, automobile telematics systems, and other device types. This has included Sony PlayStation consoles and several Nintendo consoles.
Netfront 3.5 had an Acid3 score of 11/100 and NetFront Browser NX v1.0 had an Acid3 score of 92/100.
- "ACCESS to Provide Free NetFront v3.0 Evaluation Copy For PocketPC" (Press release). Access Co. February 20, 2002. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- NetFront: The Fast GTK+ Browser you Never Knew Existed
- NetFront Browser BE (based on Chromium)
- NetFront Browser NX DTV Profile (based on WebKit)
- Brown, Eric (2011-06-09). "WebKit-based version of NetFront browser aims at IPTVs, STBs". LinuxDevices.com. eWeek. Archived from the original on 2013-01-28.
- "NetFront Browser NX for Internet Appliances". Products > Solutions for Internet Appliances. Access. 2013. Archived from the original on 2012-05-02.
- Support: System Software Updates
- "Webkit - Open Source 2012". Open Source Code Distribution Service. Sony. 2012-10-10. Archived from the original on 2013-10-04. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- "PS3 System Software Update (v4.11)". Sony. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- WiiU Hardware Features Internet Browser Archived 2014-08-18 at the Wayback Machine. Nintendo
- Wii U Support GPL Archived 2013-11-29 at the Wayback Machine. Nintendo
- "NetFront Browser Gives Amazon Kindle Customers On-Device Access to Information-Rich Websites like Wikipedia.org". Archived from the original on 2014-07-18. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "NetFront Browser NX by ACCESS - Powering the Switch 'WebKit' Online Services". Nintendo Life. 2017-03-07. Retrieved 2018-10-19.