|Fate||Acquired by The Attachmate Group (July 5, 2006)|
|Founded||San Jose, California, United States (1995)|
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Jay Gardner (President and GM)|
|Parent||The Attachmate Group|
NetIQ is an enterprise software company based in Houston, Texas. NetIQ is owned by Micro Focus International. The company provides products for identity and access management, security and data center management. The company’s flagship products include: NetIQ Access Manager, AppManager, Secure Configuration Manager, Sentinel and NetIQ Identity Manager.
NetIQ was founded by Ching-fa Hwang, Her-daw Che, Hon Wong, Ken Prayoon Cheng and Tom Kemp in September 1995. With an initial focus on performance-monitoring software, the company’s flagship product was AppManager.
In July 1999, the company filed for IPO. A merger with Mission Critical Software in February 2000 shifted the company to include systems management as well as performance. In January 2001, NetIQ acquired Webtrends — which they sold in 2005 to a private equity firm in order to solidify their focus on systems, security and performance management.
In 2006, NetIQ was acquired by Attachmate. After Attachmate acquired Novell in 2011, NetIQ added identity and security products as well as data center and virtualization to their offerings. It was the Attachmate acquisition that led to today’s alignment of NetIQ products into three categories: identity and access management, security management and data center management.
In 2014, Attachmate merged with Micro Focus International.
Products and Services
Identity and access management
NetIQ provides identity and access management, single sign-on (SSO), access governance and more, enabling customers to create and manage identities and control access to enterprise resources. NetIQ identity and access management products include:
Monitoring user activities, security events and critical systems, NetIQ enables customers to detect and respond to potential threats of data breach. NetIQ security management products include:
Data center management
NetIQ provides a variety of data center management solutions from disaster recovery to workload migration, server consolidation and service for unified communications and VoIP. NetIQ data center management products include:
- App Manager
- Cloud Manager
- PlateSpin Protect
- PlateSpin Migrate
- SC Magazine 2014 SC Readers Trust Award — NetIQ Identity Manager 4 awarded the Readers Trust Award for “Best Identity Management Solution,” Directors and staff.
- Best of Tech Ed North America 2013 Awards — NetIQ CloudAccess nominated as a finalist for the Best of Tech Ed North America 2013 Awards in the Cloud Security category.
- 2013 Redmond Magazine Readers' Choice Awards — NetIQ Security and Compliance Management recognized by Redmond Magazine readers by earning gold in the Compliance Management category of the 2013 "Redmond Magazine Readers' Choice Awards."
- 2013 Redmond Magazine Readers' Choice Awards — The readers of Redmond Magazine awarded NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator a silver medal in the Active Directory.
- Provisioning/Administration category of the 2013 "Redmond Magazine Reader's Choice Awards."
- Virtualization Review Reader's Choice Awards — The readers of Virtualization Review voted NetIQ Cloud Manager a "Preferred Product" in the Cloud Software category for the 2013 "Virtualization Review Reader's Choice Awards."
- 2014 Redmond Magazine Readers' Choice Awards — NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator won GOLD in the “Active Directory Provisioning/Administration” category
- 2014 Redmond Magazine Readers' Choice Awards — NetIQ Group Policy Administrator™ won GOLD in the “Group Policy Manager” category
- 2014 Redmond Magazine Readers' Choice Awards — NetIQ Compliance Management Platform won BRONZE in the “Compliance Tool” category
- Government Security News 2014 Homeland Security Awards — NetIQ Identity Manager 4.5 WON in “Best Identity Management Platform” category
- Government Security News 2014 Homeland Security Awards — NetIQ Sentinel 7.2 was chosen as a FINALIST in the “Best Security Incident & Event Management” category
- 2014 IT Professional Best Data Center Product Awards — PlateSpin Forge 700 was named “Product of the Year” for best Data Center Hardware product
- Jay Gardner, President and General Manager
- Edwin Bowman, Vice President and General Manager, Latin America
- Boris Ivancic, Vice President and General Manager, Asia Pacific
- LuAnn Johnson, Vice President, Global Human Resources
- John Delk, Vice President, Product Management, Marketing and Sales Operations
- John Milbank, Vice President of Sales, North America
- Ton Musters, Vice President, Europe, Middle East and Africa Sales
- Ron Milton, Vice President, Global Services and Customer Value Realization
- Baha Masoud, Vice President, Global Engineering
- Dave Kearns (29 September 2003). "A look at NetIQ AppManager". Network World.
- "NetIQ Corporation – Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on NetIQ Corporation". referenceforbusiness.com.
- "NetIQ's WebTrends: Host With the Most". baselinemag.com.
- Nancy Gohring (27 April 2006). "Attachmate buys NetIQ for $495 million". Network World.
- "Attachmate acquires Novell for $2.2 billion". CNET. CBS Interactive.
- "Attachmate Splits Novell Acquisition into NetIQ, SUSE Divisions". eweek.com.
- Jeff Cerny (1 February 2011). "Bending the failed expectations curve: 10 questions with NetIQ's Jay Gardner". TechRepublic.
- "Proposed Merger between Micro Focus and the Attachmate Group to create a leading global infrastructure software company - Micro Focus". www.microfocus.com. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- "NetIQ Declared a Leader in Identity and Access Management Suites". MarketWatch.
- "NetIQ Identity Manager v4.0.2". scmagazine.com.
- "NetIQ Bolsters Actionable Security Intelligence With NetIQ Change Guardian 4.0". Dark Reading.
- "NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager". scmagazine.com.
- "NetIQ Sentinel". scmagazine.com.
- Spiceworks, Inc. "NetIQ Privileged User Manager". spiceworks.com.
- "NetIQ AppManager 8 Simplifies Application and System Management". serverwatch.com.
- "2014 SC Awards U.S. Winners". SC Magazine.
- "Best of TechEd 2013 Finalists Announced!". windowsitpro.com.
- "2013 Reader's Choice Awards: Third-Party Products Shine -- Redmondmag.com". redmondmag.com.
- "The 2013 Virtualization Review Reader's Choice Awards -- Virtualization Review". virtualizationreview.com.
- "Redmond Third-Party Reader's Choice Awards: The Big Grow Bigger -- Redmondmag.com". redmondmag.com.
- "Government Security News Names NetIQ Identity Manager 4.5 "Best Identity Management Platform" - NetIQ". netiq.com.
- "IT Professional / Archiwum / Produkt roku 2014". it-professional.pl.
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|