A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Fate||Acquired by The Attachmate Group (July 5, 2006 )|
|Founded||San Jose, California, United States (1995 )|
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Jay Gardner (President and GM)|
NetIQ is an enterprise software company based in Houston, Texas. NetIQ is owned by Micro Focus International. The company provides products for identity and access management, security and data center management. The company’s flagship products include: NetIQ Access Manager, AppManager, Secure Configuration Manager, Sentinel and NetIQ Identity Manager.
NetIQ was founded by Ching-fa Hwang, Her-daw Che, Hon Wong, Ken Prayoon Cheng and Tom Kemp in September 1995. With an initial focus on performance-monitoring software, the company’s flagship product was AppManager.
In July 1999, the company filed for IPO. A merger with Mission Critical Software in February 2000 shifted the company to include systems management as well as performance. In January 2001, NetIQ acquired Webtrends — which they sold in 2005 to a private equity firm in order to solidify their focus on systems, security and performance management.
In 2006, NetIQ was acquired by Attachmate. After Attachmate acquired Novell in 2011, NetIQ added identity and security products as well as data center and virtualization to their offerings. It was the Attachmate acquisition that led to today’s alignment of NetIQ products into three categories: identity and access management, security management and data center management.
Products and services
Identity and access management
Data center management
- Cloud Manager
- PlateSpin Protect
- PlateSpin Migrate
- Operations Center
- Dave Kearns (29 September 2003). "A look at NetIQ AppManager". Network World.
- "NetIQ Corporation – Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on NetIQ Corporation". referenceforbusiness.com.
- "NetIQ's WebTrends: Host With the Most". baselinemag.com.
- "Technology Briefing - Deals - NetIQ To Sell WebTrends Unit - NYTimes.com". 29 March 2005.
- Nancy Gohring (27 April 2006). "Attachmate buys NetIQ for $495 million". Network World.
- "Attachmate acquires Novell for $2.2 billion". CNET. CBS Interactive.
- "Attachmate Splits Novell Acquisition into NetIQ, SUSE Divisions". eweek.com.
- Jeff Cerny (1 February 2011). "Bending the failed expectations curve: 10 questions with NetIQ's Jay Gardner". TechRepublic.
- "Proposed Merger between Micro Focus and the Attachmate Group to create a leading global infrastructure software company - Micro Focus". www.microfocus.com. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- "tritech". www.ttdist.com. Retrieved 2015-12-09.
- "NetIQ Declared a Leader in Identity and Access Management Suites". MarketWatch.
- "NetIQ Identity Manager v4.0.2". scmagazine.com.
- "NetIQ Bolsters Actionable Security Intelligence With NetIQ Change Guardian 4.0". Dark Reading.
- "NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager". scmagazine.com.
- "NetIQ Sentinel". scmagazine.com.
- Spiceworks, Inc. "NetIQ Privileged User Manager". spiceworks.com.
- "NetIQ AppManager 8 Simplifies Application and System Management". serverwatch.com.