|Fate||Acquired by The Attachmate Group (July 5, 2006 )|
|Founded||San Jose, California, United States (1995 )|
|Jay Gardner (President and GM)|
NetIQ is an enterprise software company based in Houston, Texas whose products provide identity and access management, security and data center management. It's flagship offerings are NetIQ Identity Manager and NetIQ Access Manager. Other key software titles include AppManager, Secure Configuration Manager, Sentinel.
NetIQ was founded by Ching-fa Hwang, Her-daw Che, Hon Wong, Ken Prayoon Cheng and Tom Kemp in September 1995; ; AppManager was introduced 1996. Their February 2000 merger with Mission Critical Software widened the company's focus to include systems management as well as performance.
In 2006, NetIQ was acquired by Attachmate. After Attachmate acquired Novell in 2011, NetIQ added identity and security products as well as data center and virtualization to their offerings. It was the Attachmate acquisition that led to today’s alignment of NetIQ products into three categories:
Products and services
- NetIQ Access Manager
- a Web access management product that provides single sign-on for web applications.
- NetIQ Identity Manager
- NetIQ's implementation of Identity Management software. It utilizes XML-based configuration files to determine the product's implemented functions.
With synchronization capabilities out of the box including various directories, databases, phone systems, operating systems, and HR systems, IDM strives to ease the administrative efforts of large enterprises by preventing administrative effort duplication. IDM 4.6 was released in February 2017.
Data center management
- AppManager AppManager was extended to Windows NT in 1997.
- Cloud Manager
- PlateSpin Protect
- PlateSpin Migrate - handles workload migration
- Operations Center
- Evelyn M. Rusli (November 23, 2010). "3 Private Equity Firms Agree To Buy Novell for $2.2 Billion - Web Log ..." The New York Times.
- Carolyn Koo (February 29, 2000). "Mission Critical Software and NetIQ Plan $1.42 Billion Merger". The New York Times.
- "Mission Critical Software".
(founded) 1996, (acquired by NetIQ) 2000
- "Partners and rivals announce products at MS Management Summit". Computerworld. April 2, 2007.
- Dave Kearns (September 29, 2003). "A look at NetIQ AppManager". Network World.
- "NetIQ Corporation – Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on NetIQ Corporation". referenceforbusiness.com.
- Victoria Shannon (January 18, 2001). "NetIQ Growth". The New York Times.
.. would buy WebTrends .. software that monitors corporate Internet traffic.
- "NetIQ's WebTrends: Host With the Most". baselinemag.com.
- "Technology Briefing - Deals - NetIQ To Sell WebTrends Unit". March 29, 2005.
- Nancy Gohring (April 27, 2006). "Attachmate buys NetIQ for $495 million". Network World. Archived from the original on April 15, 2014.
- "Attachmate acquires Novell for $2.2 billion". CNET. CBS Interactive.
- "Attachmate Splits Novell Acquisition into NetIQ, SUSE Divisions". eweek.com.
- Jeff Cerny (February 1, 2011). "Bending the failed expectations curve: 10 questions with NetIQ's Jay Gardner". TechRepublic.
- "Proposed Merger between Micro Focus and the Attachmate Group to create a leading global infrastructure software company - Micro Focus". microfocus.com. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- "NetIQ Declared a Leader in Identity and Access Management Suites". MarketWatch.
- "NetIQ Identity Manager v4.0.2". scmagazine.com.
- "NetIQ Bolsters Actionable Security Intelligence With NetIQ Change Guardian 4.0". Dark Reading.
- "NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager". scmagazine.com.
- "NetIQ Sentinel". scmagazine.com.
- "NetIQ Privileged User Manager".
- "NetIQ AppManager 8 Simplifies Application and System Management". serverwatch.com.
- Mark Pace (February 2, 1998). "Release of the much needed AppManager for NT". Network World. p. 42.