|Founded||Seattle, Washington (2001)|
|Products||NetMotion Mobility Mobile VPN software, NetMotion Diagnostics|
Number of employees
NetMotion Software is a privately held software company specializing in mobile performance management, a term which blends "app performance, network performance, server performance and API performance" and seeks to optimize the time to render an image and, subsequently, turnaround time from when an end-user submits a request until a response is received.
The company is a spinoff that has adapted as its ownership and the market for its services has changed.
- 2001: WRQ spins off one of its units, Seattle, Washington-based NetMotion Wireless.
- 2006: NetMotion merges with Padcom, Inc.
- 2010-2011: internally-generated growth.
- 2012: NetMotion was acquired by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P.
- 2016: acquisition by The Carlyle Group. With a new CEO,
The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Three sales offices in Europe handle international sales.
NetMotion maintains partnerships with major telecom service providers, and technology alliances with hardware and software providers and channel partners.
NetMotion products are built on an architecture it terms software-defined mobility. Fundamentally, it consists of client software on each mobile device, which communicates with a control server in the cloud or data center that pushes policies and actions to the client for execution. Through this architecture that gives administrators control of the endpoints, they can manage application delivery based on changing network conditions through software, regardless of the combination of networks used, including cellular and Wi-Fi networks that are outside of their direct administrative control.
An enhanced filtering feature named Aware was added in 2019.
- NetMotion Wireless releases Mobility 10 software, retrieved January 31, 2017
- NetMotion Wireless announces diagnostic capabilities for its mobile VPN solution, retrieved January 31, 2017
- Matthew David. "The essential guide to improving mobile performance".
- Malanie Luna (February 22, 2012). "Performance management for mobile devices: Solutions and strategies".
- "NetMotion, Padcom settle patent lawsuit with merger", RCR Wireless News, link refreshed January 31, 2017
- "Meet the 2010 Inc. 5000 | A List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies", September 2010, retrieved December 10, 2010
- NetMotion Wireless - Seattle,WA - The Inc. 5000, retrieved September 15, 2011
- Clearlake Capital Group Acquires NetMotion, retrieved September December 28, 2012
- Mobile Performance Management, retrieved January 31, 2017
- WRQ spinout NetMotion Wireless sells again, this time to private equity powerhouse The Carlyle Group, retrieved January 31, 2017
- Utility supplies: Mobile performance management software, retrieved January 31, 2017
- The Carlyle Group Invests in NetMotion, retrieved January 31, 2017
- Clearlake Capital Group Announces Sale of NetMotion Wireless to The Carlyle Group, retrieved January 31, 2017
- "Under new CEO, Seattle's NetMotion Wireless looks to 'reposition'". BizJournals.com. Retrieved January 31, 2017.
- Company Fact Sheet, re-retrieved March 20. 2017.
- Partner Program, retrieved January 31, 2017
- NetMotion Leverages Software-Defined Trend to Secure Mobile Devices, retrieved February 9. 2017
- Software-Defined Mobility: Foundational technology for the fully mobile enterprise, retrieved February 9, 2017
- Matthew Miller (February 26, 2019). "NetMotion Software announces Aware update, Mobility key to remote work policy". ZDnet.com.