Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)|
|Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology|
नेताजी सुभाष प्रौद्योगिकी विश्वविद्यालय
(नेताजी सुभाष प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान)(दिल्ली प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान)
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (1997-2015)
Delhi Institute of Technology (1989-1997)
नेताजी सुभाष प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थानदिल्ली प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान
|Motto||"Aao no bhadraa krantvo yuntu vishwat"|
Motto in English
|"May God bring the holy thoughts in my mind from all the directions”|
|Established||1983 by Dr B.N. Mishra|
|Director||Professor Yogesh Singh|
|Location|| New Delhi, India
145 acres (59 ha)
|Nickname||NSUT, NSIT, DIT|
Netaji Subhas University of Technology (NSUT, Hindi: नेताजी सुभाष प्रौद्योगिकी विश्वविद्यालय ) formerly Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT, Hindi: नेताजी सुभाष प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान ) , Delhi Institute of Technology (DIT, Hindi: दिल्ली प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान) is one of the premier Government engineering University in Delhi. Established in 1983, it is an autonomous institution of the Government of Delhi. The campus is situated at Azad Hind Fauj Marg, Sector - 3, Dwarka, New Delhi. The institute was ranked as the 12th top engineering college by outlook india in 2014. 
Netaji Subhas University of Technology
On 22 June 2015 Delhi government cabinet has passed a proposal to upgrade Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) to the university level. This will be the second engineering institute under Delhi University, a Centre-run body, to be upgraded, the first being Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of Engineering).The reasons for upgrading NSIT state that the academic institution will promote undergraduate and postgraduate education, continuing education, training and research in engineering, technology, sciences, humanities and social sciences and management. Apart from adding another feather in the cap of Delhi government, upgrading of the institute's status to a university will considerably increase the intake of students at UG, PG and PhD levels over a period of time (approximately 12,000 students on the campus as against strength of around 3,500 at present). The move will also increase opportunities of Delhi-based students who otherwise have to seek education avenues outside. It will also create of a much larger pool of competent faculty, professional engineers and researchers, which make a significant contribution towards making Delhi the 'Technological Capital' of India.
The NSIT campus is located in Dwarka, South West Delhi. The institute is spread over 145 acres (0.59 km) with lush green campus. It is well connected to the major city centres by open and wide roads.
Mode of admission
Until 2009, NSIT admitted students through the Common Entrance Examination(CEE) along with Delhi College of Engineering (now Delhi Technological University ). Students are now admitted through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-MAIN) examination. But, now one needs to qualify JEE (MAIN), where weightage to this Examination is 60% and to XII Board Examination Result is 40%. Admissions are on the basis of the rank in JEE (Main).
The college offers following courses : -
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
- Electronics And Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing Process And Automation Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control engineering
- Bio Technology
Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering ( Signal Processing)
- Computer Engineering ( Information Systems)
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering ( Process Control)
NSIT has consistently managed to secure its position amongst the top 15 engineering colleges in India.
|Technical college 2014 Rankings|
|Engineering – India|
|India Today||9 |
|* Limited participation|
|University of Delhi Rankings|
|General – India|
Start-ups by NSITians
- The char prowess www.thecharprowess.in
- Reach App Pte. Ltd.
- Healthify: www.healthifyme.con
- Web Institute: www.webinstitute.in
- Aspiring Minds
- Citizens for Accountable Governance (CAG)
- Lost Beat : www.lostbeatlive.com
- The Custom-T : www.thecustomt.in
- CollegeSpace : www.collegespace.in
- Artickly: www.artickly.com
- The Campus Herald: www.thecampusherald.in
- The Attic: operates through Facebook
- University Express
- Read Startups
- "Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology". intoday.in. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (Delhi University)". du.ac.in. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology celebrates its annual fest, Moksha, with fervour". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi - University". universityexpress.co.in. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Best Engineering colleges 2014". India Today. 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "India's Top Engineering Colleges 2012 (DQ-CMR T-Schools Survey 2012)". archive.dqindia.com/. Dataquest. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "GHRDC-CSR Engineering Colleges Survey 2013" (PDF). Competition Success Review (Competition Success Review and the Global Human Resources Development Centre): 1–6. July 2013.
- "Masters of excellence". India Today. 18 May 2012. Retrieved 20 June 2012.