Netball Federation of India
|Affiliation||International Netball Federation|
|Regional affiliation||Asian Federation of Netball Association|
|Headquarters||Netball Federation of India|
|Location||15, Pusa Road, New Delhi India|
|Coach||currently no permanent national coach has been named.|
Netball Federation of India (NFI) (Hindi: भारतीय नेटबॉल महासंघ) is the national governing body of Netball in India. NFI is a non-profit, government funded organisation affiliated with the International Netball Federation (INF), the Asian Federation of Netball Association (AFNA) and the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and recognised by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. NFI was established in 1978 to standardise rules and regulations and to promote and develop the growth of netball in India. NFI operates all the Indian national representative netball sides, including the India national netball team and youth sides as well. NFI is also responsible for organising and hosting netball tournaments within India and scheduling the home international fixtures. Vagish Pathak is the current president of the organisation.
The game of Netball was introduced in India by evangelist Dr. Harry Crowe Buck of Pennsylvania, United States in 1920 at the YMCA College of Physical Education of Madras (now Chennai). NFI was established in 1978 by Mr. Jagat Singh Lohan(Chauhan) from Rohtak, Haryana who was an alumnus of YMCA College of Physical Education of Madras (now Chennai) and in the same year he organised the first national championships in Jind, Haryana with great contribution of Mrs. Shashi Prabha. Mr. Jagat Singh Lohan was founder/father of Handball, Netball and Throwball games in India. His efforts in Germany during Munich Olympics (1972) helped in making these a legacy in India.
NFI and netball associations of Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Sri Lanka met during the 1983 Netball World Championships in Singapore to discuss the creation of an Asian netball governing body, which resulted in the establishment of Asian Federation of Netball Associations in 1986 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
NFI affiliates 26 states' governing bodies of Netball in India.
- Limca book of records. Bisleri Beverages Ltd. 1991. pp. 101 (Delhi). ISBN 81-900115-1-0.
- "Members - India". International Federation of Netball Associations. Archived from the original on October 31, 2007. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- "Affiliations". Netball Federation of India. Archived from the original on October 4, 2010. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- Asian Federation of Netball Associations. "About the ANF (sic)". Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- "Affiliated Units". Netball Federation of India. Archived from the original on January 14, 2011. Retrieved March 20, 2011.